Thread: Greater fire vault with artifact?

Default Greater fire vault with artifact?

On D45 or D46 I found a massive vault with a fire theme. Lots of fire lizards, elementals, red dragons and a great wyrm.

Spent quite a while killing everything (and got a great deal of equipment burned up for my troubles). I also picked up a corruption or two.

So, I'm a little annoyed that I didn't get any good loot. Don't get me wrong, I found a few scrolls of chaos removal and regular drops but, no artifacts.

I'm wondering if I missed the drop and a monster ran away with my loot? But I've killed literally everything on that floor.

Is it possible I've just overlooked an artifact? Are they even guatenteed in this type of vault? Is there a way of viewing generated artifacts? I know I get a list when I die but that's a little late to he useful...

At least one guaranteed artifact is present in every greater vault.
    Keep looking.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Panicking dragons love to pick piles of loot.... I would try detect monsters to check for some hiding in corners dragons.

Zap a wand of monster detection to make sure you've not missed any hidden rooms. Failing that, put all the loot in a big pile and read a blessed scroll of ID? There's an artifact in there somewhere.

Greater vaults have some hidden rooms behind walls (with searchable passages) - besides checking for monsters there's also the wand/scroll of item detection. It's not good for a whole lot else so there's no harm using one.
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

Wands and scrolls of item detection in this case are only useful before the denizens of a vault detect the PC.
    Once the PC is detected, they typically turn hostile and pick up any items they stumble upon, which includes artifact guardians in hidden rooms.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thanks so much for the tips. I went back and read a scroll of monster detection. Found out that I had missed some hidden rooms. Found the silver key and protector. I just died and saw that I generated the far slayer at some point too so this may have been hanging around in this vault too...

This run should have been a victory. For anyone that cares, I've vented my frustration at my stupid (very stupid) death in YASD.