Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best and Worst Followers?

Oh yeah, had a quickling queen lich on one of my necros long time ago.
    Enter D:46 - greater vault of giants.
    Read a scroll of monster aggravation.
    ~Two turns later my queen disappears.
    I enter the vault proper and about one third of the monsters are gone and she wasn't slowing down.
    It was scary.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

My best companion was a quickling queen, generated by reading a SoFS at the entrance of the ToEF. She was poisoning and killing stuff at mad speed, and regenerating just as quickly.

Eventually she found a corruption trap and within a few turns, she turned herself into a hostile overpowered WMoPC. That was my worst adom nightmare ever.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    My best companion was a quickling queen, generated by reading a SoFS at the entrance of the ToEF. She was poisoning and killing stuff at mad speed, and regenerating just as quickly.

Eventually she found a corruption trap and within a few turns, she turned herself into a hostile overpowered WMoPC. That was my worst adom nightmare ever.
    Ever had a necromanced quickling turn on you after a while? Not fun.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

I imagine. However, the worst part here was not even that my character was killed. It was the sheer horror of the scene. I had really come to love this companion, given her a name, and so on. Once she started corrupting herself, it went so fast that I could do nothing to stop it, except screaming NOOOOOOOOooooo... it really gave me gooseflesh all over.

I could have teleported away to save my own skin, but after watching that, and having a look at "Alice, the writhing mass of primal chaos", my character didnīt want to live anymore.

(The number of attacks a quickling queen WMoPC gets is terrible, too.)
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Had a recent game with a High Elf Healer where both the Frost Giant and the CoC GV were Undead. Blagh. I closed the Gate but really wanted to clear those vaults, so I created a GEE on D48, leveled it up a bit in the big room and then took it into both GVs. Mr. Muffins cleared both vaults and one shotted every single Emperor Lich. I made sure I had triple confusion resist and the crown of command to make sure nothing went wrong.

Of course, the artifacts were garbage.

Best ever with a bard was his starting pet, a karmic dragon that killed everything from SMC to water temple. Killed The Snake but slowly died by it's poison. A tragic moment.
    The worst was with the same character what came after..a Greater Earth elemental from DH2, that turned angry after hitting a trap and nailed me to the floor in a single hit.