Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beware statues

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    Statues don't activate if they simply enter into your LOS, you have to deliberately enter their square and/or interact with them. So you can wait till you are reasonably able to deal with it.
    The greater problem is that you can't identify statue's effect without being hit by it. Something like http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4220 or ability to test statues with monsters/slaves/ranged attacks/ranged spells is desperately needed.
    While I agree that a method of testing statues would be desirable (beyond just looking it up at the Wiki, which is really the only course of action available at this point), I think that there are a handful of statues that have effects, both positive and negative, that are have effects that are quite disproportionately bad (this one being the worst example, as it appears to be always, or nearly always (?) fatal) or good, in a few cases, and should probably be nerfed.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I don't mind activation effect via prayer/kick/spell/whatever.
    What I mind is a game-breaking step-on effect, like dooming, which is simply wrong, no matter how you look at it.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Yeah I think this should be a priority to fix -- I hate missing out on all the statue content because I'm too much of a coward to step on them.