Thread: The most negative you've gone.

Default The most negative you've gone.

I recently cleared a good chunk of a GUV using a GEE. I knew going into it I would probably kill myself with Mr. Grumbles as I always name them. Still I wanted to see how it would go. Pretty good unless he got fixated in trying to kill something he couldn't reach. I didn't have an way to reasonably deal with monsters except for the GEE and a wand of fireballs. Clearly this ends how you think it would.

He hit me with two criticals and ended up at -350 hp from about 250 hp to start with. I think I got -400 once from magic missiling myself against a wall with a post-game wizard from about 400 hp.

So how low have you gone?
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Serves me right for trying to scum with a ring of weakness without bothering to learn how it's done
    "And light there be!"

Crushed to death? Because I did that a long time ago (also with ring of weakness) but I don't remember that overflow negative score.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrnyx View Post
    Crushed to death? Because I did that a long time ago (also with ring of weakness) but I don't remember that overflow negative score.
    Probably decided to combine ring of weakness with stair-kicking or something. There was a kicking bug in 1.1.1 that resulted in such numbers.

EDIT: I see it was D:49, so it was probably just a wall kick.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    EDIT: I see it was D:49
    Don't remind me I can laugh at it now, but I was not pleased at the time.

This was my gear. This guy would have easily closed the gate.

"And light there be!"

You can blast yourself with a wand into any number of negative points: you are only limited by your total PP, and those can be farmed to any arbitrary amount.

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    You can blast yourself with a wand into any number of negative points: you are only limited by your total PP, and those can be farmed to any arbitrary amount.
    Well, eventually you will run into integer overflow.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I wonder what would happen if you somehow take 2.1 billion damage and your HP underflows...
    "And light there be!"

I thought that this thread was about points. I don't know how much negative HP I've had, but I do know that my lowest score was <-14k.