Thread: Shifting Wall Area

Default Shifting Wall Area

Holy @#$%! Did I miss this change? And is this the most awesome effect ever? Just started doing a bit of r65, and on UD:2, came across an area where "A whole section of the dungeon shifts to the north! Everything is shaking violently!" Two columns of the entire dungeon level seem to shift upwards every 3 turns or so. This can lead to really weird effects where you can get pushed off of the level (and get wrapped around to the bottom).

[edit]This area seems to be associated with a fatal, backup-killing crash, which is decidedly less awesome.

Here's the dungeon at the moment. I'm in the little pocket in the bottom middle.
    Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

#### ##
                                       #####.###                   #############
                                       ###.....#                   #...........#
     #######                 #############...<.#       #######     #.###.......#
     #.....#                 #...|.#.../# .....#       #.....#     #.# #.......#
     #.....###################./...#.#### ###### #######.....# #####.# #.......#
     #...../.................#.|...#.# #  #      #...........# #.....# #.......#
     #####/#####.......#####.#||..|#.###  ########/########### #.##### #######/#
         #.#   #.......#   #...........#  *#.......#           #.#           #.#
     #####/### #.......#   #######.###...#*#.......#############.#############.#
     #.......# #.......#         #.###..#........../................./......./.#
     #.>.....###.......###########.##.####.#.......#######/###########.......###
     #........./......./.......+......*.##.#.......#.........#       #.......#
     #####################.....###?#######.#.......# #.......#       #.......#
                         #...../...#   ####/......./.#.......#       #.....[.#
                         ###########   ###############.......#       #########
                                      #####          #.......#
                                      #...#          #########
                                      ##@.#
                                       #..#
    I             St:20  Le:17  Wi:19  Dx:15  To:21  Ch: 2  Ap:11  Ma: 6  Pe:10 N=
    DV/PV: 13/3    H: 111(111)    P: 39(39)      Exp: 10/31353     UD: 2  Sp: 98
    Bloated
    Here's the same level about 30 turns later. I haven't moved much, just let the wall push me.
    Code:
                                     Screenshot

#### ##
                                       #####.###                   #############
                                       #.@.....#                   #...........#
     #######                 ###########.....<.#       #######     #.###.......#
     #.....#                 #...|.#.../.......#       #.....#     #.# #.......#
     #.....###################./...#.########### #######.....# #####.# #.......#
     #...../.................#.|...#.# ####      #...........# #.....# #.......#
     #####/#####.......#####.#||..|#.#############/########### #.##### #######/#
         #.#   #.......#   #...........###*#.......#           #.#           #.#
     #####/### #.......#   #######.###..# .#.......#############.#############.#
     #.......# #.......#         #.###..# |......../................./......./.#
     #.>.....###.......###########.##.##  |#.......#######/###########.......###
     #........./......./.......+......*.  .#.......#.........#       #.......#
     #####################.....###?#####  |#.......# #.......#       #.......#
                         #...../...#   #.##/......./.#.......#       #.....[.#
                         ###########   ##.############.......#       #########
                                      #####          #.......#
                                      #.###          #########
                                      #####
                                       ####
    I             St:20  Le:17  Wi:19  Dx:15  To:21  Ch: 2  Ap:11  Ma: 6  Pe:10 N=
    DV/PV: 13/3    H: 111(111)    P: 39(39)      Exp: 10/31559     UD: 2  Sp: 98
    Bloated
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 02-11-2016 at 07:39 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Looks like a new feature though I recall neither RFE nor anything from TB about this.
    It looks like you got entangled in the middle of a tectonic fault, while two considerable plates were twitching around :P
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

That must be this thing, right? http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2798

yup i found it and it caused a game killing crash within about 100 moves.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

You should report those crashes (I haven't seen the feature yet).

It's reported already under "JSOM crash". It seems to trigger quite frequently after visiting one of these rooms.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Stick a vertical river on it and bam - you have moving water!

Frankly though I don't understand the point of this RFE. Quest-related "mini-map" is now just a dungeon feature? Or are you supposed to be pushed to some special place?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

From all I can see it's just a dungeon feature. You don't get pushed anywhere special, just up and down. This may be in preparation for the volcano quest as that's supposed to have moving dungeon features. I also think the creator wanted to show off the new things that the improved architecture is capable of. Too bad it has a game killing flaw associated with it