Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggest unique abilities for classes

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    "Per 1000/2000 turns" limit makes the ability completely and utterly useless (or overpowered and broken). It is better if it used mana.
    I personally wanted smite to be strong, mainly ability to insta slay or almost insta slay bad undeads. That's why I put turn limit. I wouldn't make it mana based. But I thought that better alternative would be to make it use piety instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinae View Post
    I personally wanted smite to be strong, mainly ability to insta slay or almost insta slay bad undeads. That's why I put turn limit. I wouldn't make it mana based. But I thought that better alternative would be to make it use piety instead.
    To me, it just doesn't sound unique at all - there are plenty of ranged magical attacks that are effective/ineffective against particular sets of monsters.

As alternative, how about ability to transform Cure/Heal spells into area/ray form?

Paladin/Priest:
    Purifier: Passive - Gain piety for slaying undead, roughly same amount it would give if sacrificed like a monster of same strength.
    [God's name]'s Chosen: Each level grant some casts of Bless, Cures and Healing spells in a fashion similar to Elementalist spell training. Chaotic PC's could learn curses, darkness, divine wrath and such, instead.

Fighter: (This class desperately needs more interesting abilities imo)
    Shield Slam: Passive - Chance with an equipped shield to perform a shield slam on block which causes a very short duration stun/disorient
    Cleave: Toggled on/off (similar to mindcrafter's mental shield perhaps?) - With a two hand weapon equipped, each attack hits enemies adjacent to the left and right of your target. Probably a hit chance penalty.
    Last edited by Couchfighter; 03-16-2016 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Expansion of that would be you can duel named NPCs (orb guardians, other tough)

1) when the duel starts you attack continuously and cannot use items
    2) if you win you get a permanent bonus to strength/dex

so you can activate it but if you time it wrongly, you will fight until death.
    Maybe include the opportunity to run from the fight at the cost of 2d2 points of willpower?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinae View Post
    - Thief: Mug. Chance to auto use pick pocket while attacking in melee.
    Really like that one too

I'm going to bump this thread because I think changing a few of the class powers could do a lot for the fun factor with some of the classes.

Allow Duelists to disarm enemies (the way existing ones do to the PC). In effect, that would work as a debuff/extra loot generation combo, though limited to only those monsters that wield weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    Allow Duelists to disarm enemies (the way existing ones do to the PC). In effect, that would work as a debuff/extra loot generation combo, though limited to only those monsters that wield weapons.
    No monsters in ADOM wield weapons, strictly speaking. Monster inventories are apparently kind of a weird patchwork thing.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I have nothing really new to add to the thread beyond what has been said, but I would definitely like to see the Druid and Ranger get some more useful class powers. A lot of the "outdoor" powers (beyond the reduced travel time) just aren't that useful.

An idea I had (for the druid) would at least make the healing and power point be higher in general, not just outside. I would also suggest changing the corruption reduction recieved at level 50 to 20% instead of 10%. I think its rather silly that the druids current value of corruption reduction (10%) is lower than the farmers corruption reduction (30%), so it would be nice to at least buff it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    No monsters in ADOM wield weapons, strictly speaking. Monster inventories are apparently kind of a weird patchwork thing.
    That's why this is in "Suggest unique abilities" thread and not in the RFE section... Though some monster descriptions directly mention that they have weapons, and some (i.e. slavemaster) even drop those.