Thread: Friend List

Default Friend List

Anyone interested in staring a friend list for crowd mode?

I don't know much about either crowd mode (besides basic description) or Steam itself (only got it to support the game, but am getting sucked in) but I'd be up for it.
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

Quote Originally Posted by zliplus View Post
    Steam itself (only got it to support the game, but am getting sucked in) but I'd be up for it.
    There is such a thing as "ADOM crowd player group" (last time I checked I got impression that they think they are very well known)...

In steam go to community tab - type in "ADOM" in field marked as search people -- in results switch to groups -- should be somewhere on the first page.

The point of group as far as I get is to mark each other as friends and cheese in the crowd mode (they tried organizing mass playing on Saturday, but I am not sure how well/bad it was)
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Hi there, we do have a Steam group dedicated to crowd mode games as Soirana said, currently 20-something members.

The saturday event was an interesting one. I personally had at most 6 friends playing in addition to myself but monsters were still tougher than a standard game, so we are curious at this point how the crowd mode bonus/penalty calculations are done. A theory is that it is divided by our total Steam friends, which would actually make playing Crowd Mode an anti social practice, since if discourages you from having Steam friends who don't play ADOM. At no point during the event did anyone participating see anything pointing towards the game being easier than standard, as far as I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchfighter View Post
    Hi there, we do have a Steam group dedicated to crowd mode games as Soirana said, currently 20-something members.
    I am a bit surprised nobody from that group (as far as I can see) is interested in Weakest Link challenge game http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...d-Rules-Thread

It is very similar to "challenge of the week" but more structured and multiplayer.

Speaking only for myself the 'Weakest Link' challenge looks a bit intimidating to get into with its rules and sending saves around, and all that. I'll make sure to make mention of the stuff you guys are doing here, though.

I suspect that most members of the group weren't registered and/or reading in this forum. Myself included. I am registered and reading here as well now, plus have I suggested we put a team together next time on Couchfighter's steam group post.

You're welcome to hop in now if you guys would like. These events usually come up very infrequently on these forums, but last for a month or so.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchfighter View Post
    Speaking only for myself the 'Weakest Link' challenge looks a bit intimidating to get into with its rules and sending saves around, and all that. I'll make sure to make mention of the stuff you guys are doing here, though.
    It's not that intimidating, what's the worst that can happen? Your character dies and someone else gets to try it out. We are all used to random unavoidable deaths at this point

Quote Originally Posted by InterDimensionOwl View Post
    I suspect that most members of the group weren't registered and/or reading in this forum. Myself included. .
    I am pretty sure you can have your team/league thread on steam/your group forum, leaving just link for reference in here.

I haven't seen any participants claiming to be r60 only either. So advancing should be dealable too (by cross-thread in other forum).

So in essence you need good will and ~4 people.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)