Thread: Need help with Noteye woes and save game errors

Default Need help with Noteye woes and save game errors

Heya, first post here (unfortunately not on a positive note) and looking for some help with getting ADOM to run again. Hopefully this is the right place to post it, since it seemed like the issue management section was more for general bugs and RFE's for the game (and not something caused by someone's PC bursting into flames)

So what happened was my PC locked up last night and now whenever I try to play ADOM, it brings up the Noteye screen stating that there was an error that's preventing it from playing in tiled mode. What's more, the game gives and error and crashes whenever I try to load up the save file I was using before my PC had locked up.

Here's the error details from Noteye:

NotEye serious error report
    Error location: drawdisplay
    Error message: games/adom-mainmenu.noe:7: attempt to index local 'b' (a nil value)

I've attached the adom.err file for anyone interested in helping troubleshoot that. The weirdest part about this too is that recently the game has been giving an error and crashing occasionally when I try to 'U'se an item, with crystals of knowledge doing it almost 100% of the time, though that may be a bug in general.

edit: Oh, also I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ADOM with no success.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pumpkinreaper; 03-22-2016 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added details

I would suggest posting this as a bug report in the project forum.

This sounds like some sort of weird compatibility error. What OS are you using?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Windows 7, also thanks, like I said before, I wasn't too sure where I should have posted this.

Update: I deleted everything but highscores and save data from the adom folder found in documents then reinstalled and the game works again. Save file still won't load and gives the same error sadly, sucks too since I just finished a greater vault getting 5 artifacts and was well on my way to my first ultra =P
    Last edited by Pumpkinreaper; 03-22-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Try deleting that save game, the backup should load up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Try deleting that save game, the backup should load up just fine.
    Yeah, I tried that afterwards and it didn't work sadly.