Thread: I've just lost two phase daggers

Default I've just lost two phase daggers

I'm not sure if this is a post asking for advice or just a rant about how crap I am....

I'm playing as a Dark Elf Ranger. I am dual wielding. All's going quite well and I find a phase dagger. Brilliant for my offhand (I think) and try and rust proof (get water res). The next level, I run into a Jelly vault and plunge my dagger into a jelly and corrode to -5 to hit and -5 damage.

I was so annoyed, I knew this could happen and hated myself for ruining this weapon. I find a crystal dagger a few level later and murder all the jellies.

I couldn't believe my luck when I found another one (graveyard minor undead drop). Immediately rust proofed this one too. This time, I was trying to convert an altar and I mistakenly offered 300 instead of 3000. All my equipment is turned to dust including the dagger.

FFS, I am so stupid. I'm left with wielding the rolf axe and an adamantium sword in my off hand and regretting my fooling mistakes...

Why am I such an idiot? How can I learn not to make such stupid mistakes. Both of these losses were avoidable....

For what it's worth, I'd probably drop all my equipment, save the obligatory artifact to avoid dooming, even if I was converting with 3000. I've had situations before when even that sum of gold wasn't enough. Condolences on your losses though.

Though I once had an annoying death related to that piece of advice: I dropped all my stuff before deciding to kick apart a chaotic altar, wanting to become more lawful - but the deity went straight to summoning greater daemons and I couldn't get back to my stuff. Bereft of my equipment, I was cut down pretty quick, couldn't even run away because of their teleporting shenanigans

3 blessed scrolls each of improve melee dmg/accuracy will fix the corroded dagger. But you'll find more/better equipment! Don't despair. Also if you wanted to waste a lot of time you could always smith the dagger.

This game is not going well....

I just accidently hit Dak while trying to do the last fight for the quest. (Background: I have already done most of the fights and left the last one for the quest, just got the quest and headed for the arena).

I'm not even sure how this happened. I just saw Y/N and clicked Yes thinking he was asking me if I want to fight (not if I really want to hit him).....

How can I solve this? I have some berzio potions stashed. Will this calm him enough to let me do the last battle? What if I find the calm spell? Can anything pacify a pissed off Dak?

EDIT: Spelling

Sorry don't think he'll help you anymore even if you calm him. But you can try, let him kill your familiar. Tame a big dog with some bones maybe.

*sigh*

I've had enough for today. Going to bed to repent and regret my silly decisions.

I'll try and tame a dog and have Dak kill it tomorrow. If anyone has the time, I'd love to hear any other ideas of moving forward!

I really do wish I wasn't so stupid. Everything that went bad in this game was avoidable if only I'd be paying more attention.

Failing the quest and not getting the Gladius is not the end of the game by any means! Don't let it get you down, there's a ton of content in this game that will get you more than powerful enough to beat it. Ice queen domain comes to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by ghwc View Post
    I just accidently hit Dak while trying to do the last fight for the quest.
    Haha got my morning laugh from this, I did exact same things last evening too, almost choke on my coffee. At least I lost my cool stuff earlier games to acid trap and eye of destruction, you can still find my rant post at YASD section.