Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [TWL 2016]Trial of Infamy

Default [TWL 2016]Trial of Infamy

The Abyss has swallowed the League of Fame. In a shocking turn of events, player Couchfighter managed to survive a challenging turn, but left the paladin Ying in a hopeless situation, wiping out himself and the rest of the team in subsequent turns. While the remaining players from the League of Fame will have the opportunity to play on, the dead will have the opportunity to be reborn.

The Trial:

Ying the Paladin is in bad shape, hungry, hurt, and pursued by a skeleton warrior. His once-powerful weapons and armor are in tatters. Each player who has died in either the League of Fame or Fortune (excepting Couchfighter, who has already attempted this save, as well as Soirana and Blasphemous, if they die shortly) will have one opportunity to pass this save. The first player who can manage to survive 2000 turns and descend once, you will be revived into the League of Fame and can continue play. You must make your attempt before play is finished in the League of Fame, so, considering that there's only two players left in that league, means that time is of the essence.

Couchfighter's log is reproduced in the spoiler below. Details on this particular level start on turn 14769. Note that the character is currently at "ground grumbles" in terms of piety for healing.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

My attempt was a failure. Very nasty level.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Good luck to anyone attempting this save, you're definitely going to need it.

Yep, I failed too, though I did managed to find a corpse!
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

Quote Originally Posted by zliplus View Post
    Yep, I failed too, though I did managed to find a corpse!
    Was it one of previous contestant's corpse?

After my failure was posted, I have tried this multiple times (like 30) and did not manage to descend or survive in any way.
    Without a very lucky random drop on your escape route away from the skele warrior, this is nigh-impossible.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Couchy, the Gate Keeper.

You have killed us all. Even the mighty Slayer of Jellies, arguably the best player in the world, failed to survive this one.

I tried for fun, even though I am not eliminated. If one had perfect knowledge from a death, I wonder if it's solvable?
    What if one saves right before any interesting possibility, and restore if the result is less than ideal? The strength penalty is crippling for a melee figher.

Oh, I could pull this off with save scumming, it would probably take a couple hundred reloads but yeah.
    That's not really the point though, is it?