Thread: Think I figured out "room tainted by evil" room message. Needs testing.

Default Think I figured out "room tainted by evil" room message. Needs testing.

So, I was fighting a tension room of skeletons/zombies/ghuls while standing in a room tainted by evil, and they were dying very easily as usual, but everytime the hit it caused a critical. Actually had 3 hits in a row cause stunning. So I'm not sure if only chaotic creatures get this bonus to criticals, if it was bad luck, or only affects undead.

At the time was lvl 12 had 20/20 DV/pv. Not cursed or doomed.

Is this a new change? Before Resurrection I code-dived and that message was purely decorative.

Do you have the enemy of undead birth effect? (Undead packing up and move away)
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Do you have the enemy of undead birth effect? (Undead packing up and move away)
    As I understand it, he was the one that got crited, not the monsters. They landed their crits on him; undead packing away has the opposite effect, doesn't it?
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Oh, I misunderstood.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

No special birth message, it's a lvl 12 female mist elf weaponsmith born on the book. This occurred on r1-3, in steam r64. I don't know if this is just in new versions, I'll go back and test it with different types of monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    Is this a new change? Before Resurrection I code-dived and that message was purely decorative.
    This effect was already mentioned under section 0.13.12.1 of the IGB as of May 2012.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    This effect was already mentioned under section 0.13.12.1 of the IGB as of May 2012.
    Just read that they say undead cause double damage. Go figure! Thought I found something new

Oh cool, never knew what that room did.