Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ETA on Steam Deluxe features?

Default ETA on Steam Deluxe features?

I really hate to be that guy for critizising a game that I have loved so much for so many years, but I feel it would be good to hear if anyone knows when we can expect the Steam version of the game to be feature complete?

Online friends leaderboards for example was a huge draw for me for getting the game on Steam, I love that friendly competitiveness with my friendos and its starting to feel a bit strange that so many months after release it still isn't a thing.

Crowdmode, while implemented seems to be not functional in the way it is described as. We made a Steam group dedicated to crowd mode games but we gave up on the whole thing because no matter how many we get playing at the same time, the game would still be VERY difficult. Talking goblins enemies with PV in the 15-20 range at low experience levels, for example, in a game when I had 6 other friends playing at the same time. So that probably needs some tweaking, or just an explanation that it is just a rock hard game mode.

Ghost exchange was also a lovely idea that I was very excited about, up until my lowbie characters would start dying en masse to vile spirits in their tutorial and village dungeons. I don't want them removed but they definitely feel like they should be adjusted, either in power or when in the game they start appearing.

Anyway, I thought I would make this topic to inquire if anyone knows if and when ADOM Deluxe will have all its advertised features implemented! It has been on steam since november last year already and there has been little in the way of community updates over on the Steam platform.

-Couchy

Not a peep from anyone on this, really?

All I can say is that I consider most of the things promised a long term thing, as in a few years. I guess TB has been working on finishing the lite rpg so now that that's done, there's a few tweaks and bug fixes on their way then we get some features. This is from what I've read over the past few months anyways.

Yeah, I bought the steam version because of all the things that were promised. Back in January there was an update exclusively for backers, so it's a little annoying that it's April now with nothing for the steam version.

I mean, even a peep from the head dev every once in a while would be nice, or occasionally showing off some of the things that are being worked on.

My guess on upcoming content is that this coming update will fix the problems with r65 and then if r66 comes out smoothly they will start work on the volcano quest. The only thing holding them back from the volcano quest the was the stuff that they are working on right now for r66. Personally I think we'll be getting quite a bit more content by the end of the year.

I believe TB just got back from a two week vacation, so I hope we will be hearing something soon. If you guys follow the devs twitters, they actually show off a lot of things that they have been working on (such as Ravenmore and some of the new tiles and sprites for enemies).

That sounds nice but I don't use Twitter myself, nor does it feel right that players should have to hunt down and follow individual developers on all the different types of social medias for updates about their games. Would much rather appreciate it being centralized either on the developer site (aka here) or on the game hubs on the relevant digital distribution services it is sold on.

I would agree that perhaps a community manager/outreach person (a volunteer maybe? ADOM isn't a huge sprawling thing so it shouldn't be too hard, but what do I know.) would be helpful, especially for the people who look at the Steam store page and see that the last update was in January when on the website we see that The Creator has indeed been working on the game.

Personally I don't mind because I will just keep playing the game forever and ever no matter what, but for the people looking at the steam page it might be important to know that someone is there to listen.

You know, that would actually be nice if they were to do that. They should definitely think about doing that.

I was just so interested in the game and wanted to know more, so I went to their twitters to satiate my desire for what they are doing.

So, I'm probably the only person here who doesn't get the whole Twitter thing, but maybe someone could copy/paste what's on there and put it into the two forums? Maybe I will if I can figure out what it is?