Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vortex tactics

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    It gives Fire and Lightning. .
    Guess, I never cared to read the whole ID description...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Guess, I never cared to read the whole ID description...
    Same here, I always thought of it as a junk artifact. Havnt had a chance to play yet, but thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Same here, I always thought of it as a junk artifact. Havnt had a chance to play yet, but thanks everyone for the suggestions!
    Well the cursed intrinsic you get from it can be very detrimental especially before getting "lucky" from high piety.
    From a vortex perspective it's of course worth it and its not a bad dv/pv increase but what about paralyze, item destruction etc due to cursed?

I think I'll be alright, I play my farmers much like an archer. After this discussion I started another one, so far so good, havnt gotten to the black Druid yet, but I have a super dog companion to kill those cats for me, he cleared out smc for me several times, so I have some decent loot.

Cursing effect is not that strong so with the rather easily obtainable piety luck, it balances out.
    Also, despite it being autocursing, which makes inventory management a bit more annoying, torc can be blessed with water or uncursed with scroll and then removed.
    I typically carry it in the early game and put it on in emergencies only.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Still playing the same dude, only had a few minutes to play though, so, my super dog just killed the Druid even though I only brought him for cat control... And somehow I still got the reward for killing him! That was a pleasant surprise to say the least! I always thought for kill quests you always had to commit the deed yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Still playing the same dude, only had a few minutes to play though, so, my super dog just killed the Druid even though I only brought him for cat control... And somehow I still got the reward for killing him! That was a pleasant surprise to say the least! I always thought for kill quests you always had to commit the deed yourself?
    Mmmm... can't recall how Kherab handles raw steel quests...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

I think the check is for dead/alive. Only the sheriff seems to mind who exactly delivered the killing blow.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    I think the check is for dead/alive. Only the sheriff seems to mind who exactly delivered the killing blow.
    Kranach is generated randomly and not in set level like others. Dependingly on how game approaches check he might be an exception.

Maybe I should try killing Ice Queen targets with per at some point...

Killing Haggar with a pet is fine, not sure about the diplomat (hard to bring pets into IQD itself).
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE