Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whips

Quote Originally Posted by pjsb1 View Post
    Yeah, I knew that a metal based whip wasn't considered which is why I only suggested metal for the artifacts. I think having chain whip would be cool but I don't think it fits with the ADOM fantasy world, although there are some things that are more unusual in ADOM.
    If we take IBM guild manual as borderline fit... Well, I am not sure of what you can not fit in Adom...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Chain whip idea is cool, but I feel that an iron whip would have to use more str than dx to wield. So maybe skip iron? And do an elven chain whip 8s +2 2d6+4? Now adamantium is difficult to smith into basic shapes in fantasy worlds usually, so I say skip adamantium and have an eternium chain whip 5s -2, 4d6+8 these would of course be extremely rare items.

Maybe make whips have higher chance to be 'fixed?

That could be cool! I wouldn't mind a prefix like 'eternal' as in you can't alter the item in any way good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    If we take IBM guild manual as borderline fit... Well, I am not sure of what you can not fit in Adom...
    Yeah, there are some fun references for sure, I guess chain whips would be entirely up to The Creator if he thinks it would make the game better in some way (which I think it would).

Hold onto your hats folks! I've just found the discovery of the decade!!

...ok not really. But it's kinda cool, in that you can throw whips using your melee skill for both energy cost and to hit/dmg. It also appears to occasionally cause bleeding wounds on hit. Too bad it doesn't train your skill though, and base dmg is +0, 1d2.