Thread: Question About Plant Hater Achievement

Default Question About Plant Hater Achievement

I did a successful UCG run recently, and was attempting to get Plant Hater out of the run. However, I didn't get it and I'm wondering which possible cause might be responsible. Here's the things I can think of that possibly broke the conduct:

a) Merely picking up seeds;
    b) Giving seeds to a farmer to up alignment a bit;
    c) Using Survival skill (even though I made sure to only use it on water squares, since I remembered that bloated on land gets you seeds and therefore probably breaks conduct);
    d) Stuff's broken, oops.

I made sure to never grab any herbs, and I never got the Herbalism skill. I ended up getting Alchemy, but never attempted to use it. Using Survival was only to waste time, since I messed up and did some outdoors hiking without my 7LB, inadvertantly (barely) passing Darknight.

I suspect Cause C most of all, honestly. Anyone get this achievement or notably fail to get it with some other set of possible messups?

Maybe, if C was the cause, it (and alchemy) can be refined to only mess up the achievement when plants are directly used. However, the achievement message implies that it's merely using the skill at all that can mess it up (quote, using "related skills"), not just using plants while using them. It's No Big Deal if nothing changes, since it's a minor point and adds yet more complexity for little gain, but still.

I managed to get this Achievement in r60. My character started with Herbalism, though I never used it. I don't believe I ever picked up any seeds or used Survival, so it is possible that it is either of those two options.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Okay, cool. I didn't think it was broken, but a verification that it does work is nice.

I'm pretty sure survival usage will do it. I don't think picking up seeds will affect it, though giving any to anyone might.

Also, fruits are not plants - eating apples or melons is ok.
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE