Thread: Drakeling and Ice Queen

Default Drakeling and Ice Queen

1/10 speed is really slow. Can I use torch to warm up? Ancient Mummy Wrapping? Can I get invisible and kill berserker prince with one shot before unleashing the frozen hell? Is it at all possible to survive long enough to reach the Queen?

As long as you have invisibility, it's not too big a problem. You really only have to kill the prince (and a few/all the rest of the mobs in that section to clear a path) and he doesn't see invis.
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

It's not tower of fire, you don't get damaged as long as you have resistance even as drakeling. It might take a while, but anyone can get to ice queen.

I don't think you get reduced all the way down to 1/10 speed to start with. The intensity of the cold gets worse the more things you kill, so best bet for drakes is to stay invisible and kill as few monsters as possible.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    I don't think you get reduced all the way down to 1/10 speed to start with. The intensity of the cold gets worse the more things you kill, so best bet for drakes is to stay invisible and kill as few monsters as possible.
    I checked with my recent drake and it's 50% as long as you kill as few monsters as possible.
    Stay invis and swap past yetis, kill yetis that follow on the way back near entrance to diplomat.
    Back and forth you can get by having to kill around 10, berserker prince included.

I thought it was ok to just slaughter the whole room where the berserker prince is? I do every time and it never affects me. Although one time a yeti there dropped a glowing wand!

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    I thought it was ok to just slaughter the whole room where the berserker prince is? I do every time and it never affects me. Although one time a yeti there dropped a glowing wand!
    It's probably ok, but as I don't know the limits I want to kill as few as possible when playing drake.
    With the possible exception of snow golems at entrance which are sweet exp when at half speed.

Killing the snow golems in the entrance room will definitely cause anger (and worse cold/snowstorms). Killing everything in the berserker prince room is fine (at least outside - not sure about the trap room but I'd guess it's fine too). I believe killing everything (even the ice army) in the battlefield room is fine as well.
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

I've killed in the battlefield room before, and it went very poorly for me, but I was killing ice monsters not fire monsters, maybe that makes a difference?

I think I recall noticing a difference killing lots yeti/berserkers + yetis in next area.
    Most notable was the time I killed Invisible stalkers trying to get a corpse.
    Never noticed a difference killing my usual 6-8 Snow golems.