Thread: Paladin with Justifier

Default Paladin with Justifier

I was in the Ice Queen Domain, walking through the dungeon area to get the wand of cold when I just died. I was pressing 1, 1, 1 at a moderate pace when apparently 3 hits from a snow golem killed me. Now I had already cleared darkforge with no problem so I thought I would be fine but nope just died to a snow golem in 3 hits. Had 35 PV and 180 or so health. In 3 steps I was dead, and apparently I was slower than this snow golem while I was at 110 speed. I guess I just moved too quickly but I really didn't expect to just die like that at that point in the game to that enemy. I don't think I've ever died to a snow golem before, especially not with a paladin that justifier. The hits didn't even punch through my armor, he just straight up did 295 damage in 3 hits. If i could figure out where Mac OS puts the memorial file I would share it but I couldn't find it.

Had you killed a lot of the Ice Queen's other monsters? I recall that area getting nastier the more you kill.

Nope, was that character's first foray through. I just have to remember to treat snow golems like steel golems now I guess. Like the way I treat cold ones like ghuls.

how were your cold immunity?
    Closed Gate with: Orc Barbarian, Orc Paladin
    Ultra'd with: Gnome Weaponsmith (L+)

I was silly and forgot to wear ancient mummy wrapping while I got crowned, so, permanent.

Edit : I really need to find that memorial file so I can share how stupid the death was.

snow golems have a very high crit chance or something strange. So they either hit for 0 or for 100+ its kind of strange.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

That cave has tremendously high monster DL, they get spawned already very or extremely experienced.
    I've had vortices give tens of thousands of exp when destroyed "manually" (not exploding on their own) and ice lizards give in excess of 15k.
    A regular snow golem would perhaps scratch some paint on your armor but ones in that cave can do much more than that.
    Also, it has nothing to do with how many monsters you killed in the area; that only impacts environmental damage.
    This is just the cave itself, it's one of the most dangerous places because of that and a very nice place to level up with a powerful character that lacks levels.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    That cave has tremendously high monster DL, they get spawned already very or extremely experienced.
    I've had vortices give tens of thousands of exp when destroyed "manually" (not exploding on their own) and ice lizards give in excess of 15k.
    A regular snow golem would perhaps scratch some paint on your armor but ones in that cave can do much more than that.
    Also, it has nothing to do with how many monsters you killed in the area; that only impacts environmental damage.
    This is just the cave itself, it's one of the most dangerous places because of that and a very nice place to level up with a powerful character that lacks levels.
    Yeah, I bet if I had just led everything into a hallway I could have mowed them all down. It was a seriously unfortunate turn of events. I didn't even really need the wand of cold, I just wanted to get a guaranteed way for the ring of the high kings so I didn't waste overworld time If i had to go back to it later when I get the wand. That character was strong although not very tough as a hurthling.