Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Speedruns with every class?

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Success! This method worked great--finished a Dwarf Merchant (ring) in 22204 turns...
    That is indeed very fast. You didn't fetch the water orb before the tower, even though you already were at Dwarftown for the altar. Not sure I'd have risked that. The 10Wi and the emergency healing are just so helpful. Did you have any -Conf at that point?

I did one dwarf merchant run as well after reading your hint about the 4 money talents. Got precrowned at char level 11 at the Dwarftown altar. With Shezestriakis. Didn't start another one after that. One odd thing I noticed was that gnomish Leggot would give me more money for the same stuff than dwarven Waldenbrook.

Also, first there was WoD ending, now there's bee ending, I wonder what's next?

Is there a way we could do a spread sheet like leaderboard similar to civ fanatics, which could include every class AND race.
    something like
    Code:
                     human                dwarf
    assassin     Jelly 5000           slayer 6000 
    merchant   gordon 6000       grief 7000

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Is there a way we could do a spread sheet like leaderboard similar to civ fanatics, which could include every class AND race.
    something like
    Code:
                     human                dwarf
    assassin     Jelly 5000           slayer 6000 
    merchant   gordon 6000       grief 7000
    If you can compile the list with races added, I'll put them in the original thread. I don't feel like sifting through all the highscores and YAVPs again.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

well i dont have a clue about the civ leaderboard but making a spreadsheet is quite easy

this is a very simple spreadsheet i made, it can be brushed up to look better but it works just fine and is easier to update

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

everyone should be able view it and edit it, use it freely if you like it

i have a few wins but i dont consider myself as a good player so a speedrun is out of the question for me

Thats what I had in mind but I wasn't quick enough, does a free for anyone document work?

Had a shot at a run with a good grey elven priest , awesome start with great early gear (+7 pv armour of carrying, axe of devastation, aols), screwed up both mystic/ring of ice AND fireproof blanket...
    Did Tothk and Fgjc in somewhat resonable time but no exchange, no ice and no fireproof blanket/thrundarr.
    FGJC5 was GUV and well, I could try grind it a bit but I've got no good ammo for the liches... looks like I'm going for reroll (random as always).

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    That is indeed very fast. You didn't fetch the water orb before the tower, even though you already were at Dwarftown for the altar.
    No, I haven't done this in any of my speedruns, I don't think. Maybe the Farmer? It's probably ~2000 extra turns to this. I basically didn't have any corruption removal at all this game (HMV scroll and a random SoCR on D:50).

Not sure I'd have risked that. The 10Wi and the emergency healing are just so helpful. Did you have any -Conf at that point?
    I started with two rings of mental stability.

I did one dwarf merchant run as well after reading your hint about the 4 money talents. Got precrowned at char level 11 at the Dwarftown altar. With Shezestriakis. Didn't start another one after that. One odd thing I noticed was that gnomish Leggot would give me more money for the same stuff than dwarven Waldenbrook.
    There's that problem with precrowns for sure.

Also, first there was WoD ending, now there's bee ending, I wonder what's next?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I have tried several r/c combinations for speedrunning and it's just... not fun for me.

I mean, I don't really have any big problems with the turncount restrictions per se; sure there are fewer resources and all.
    Many encounters are more challenging and require some non-standard approaches but it's less rewarding than I have hoped.
    Leaving all those unexplored levels, unvisited caves, undug graves and unpicked items somehow bothers me.
    It's not a comfortable experience.

It bothers me to kill the healer just because its faster than saving the carpenter.
    It bothers me to attack the eternal guardian just cause it's faster than getting the ring.
    These things just don't feel right and they disagree with the "moral roleplay" that I often apply.
    Skipping the random caves, IQD and FGJC feels like I'm giving up a vast, exciting and rewarding portion of the game, just to do things faster.

I want to take my time and get precrowned at a convenient point with regular chars; I want to grind out some items when I need them for the next stage.
    I want the freedom to play however I like and speedruns just don't agree with that.
    I'm uncomfortable with the sense of urgency, the need to press, get to the staircase asap and dive, dive, dive. That's not how I play games.
    Ultimately, this is all about fun and doing speedruns kinda takes that most important factor away for me.
    I have always been a completionist when it comes to games and this is the very opposite to that.

So, despite having started the thread, this is as far as my speedruns go. Have fun getting your turncounts down.
    I will still post and update the list but I'll stick to my 100k+ grindfests that I have been enjoying for years.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I had a similar look at it but after so many games ending in similar fashion its fun to step out of the comfort zone.
    Now most games will most likely be similar still but Ill be trying to do more with less.
    Otoh its also satisfying to clear out the garantueed tension room in R4:13 ...

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Thats what I had in mind but I wasn't quick enough, does a free for anyone document work?
    well i corrected and shortened the link https://goo.gl/savj4r, now its free for everyone to edit