Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Proper mindcrafter archmage

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    I'm surprised your troll only has 644 HP, even with just 31 toughness.
    I expected a higher number; my gray elf had more than 700 at around 35 toughness.
    34 is one of marks where you get lv based hp, so that is 50hp differential. On levelup gains are probably randomzied too (although I think less than PP gains).

So, I went to check boars and instead of 12 found 7 and few boar skulls... from stuff dropped looks like some dragon faced them in corridor and breathed all over them.... (I passed the level extra time then going for eternal guardian)...

I've captchured 4 more and promptly lost one to randomly generated moloch... rest 10 are holding up, but need healing support against trees.. I think I will go fetch 5-6 more, cause so far we holding just next to wall and in end design the trees will be coming from both sides.

Good news: trees to seem be inherently hostile to any non-tree monsters in the forest, so fighting will happen .
    Bad news: I prayed for PP recharge and got my ass crowned at N=.... Well, it will be fallen champion archmage then...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Well, things tart looking properly
    Code:
                                                           #######################
                                                          .....[......'.......[..#
                                                          ..%..(.]..../$.........#
                                                          ......]..$*..$.....]...#
                                                           ...$.%.[..]](.........#
                                                           ...../....$]][[.[].P.[#
                                                          ....$..%%.]...((.[..P..#
                                                          .(....]$(/][]%./%[[..].#
                                                         ..$.....[..$%/.]][$]([..#
                                                         ....$...$[]?[(.((FFFFF.$#
                                                        .?[$%]./([..(([P(F(F@F$F.#
                                                        [.=[[......$..[[][FFFF(.]#
                                                       .%([!}]..]..]..]P[]$FF[...#
                                                       (]][.['.[....$....(%....<.#
                                                       ...'.[...%......./PP.].P.P#
                                                       ###########################

Miarch        St:35  Le:42  Wi:37  Dx: 7  To:42  Ch:26  Ap: 8  Ma:40  Pe:22 N=
    DV/PV: 16/69   H: 747(747)    P: 1058(1058)  Exp: 50/52542039  D: 15  Sp: 66
    Blessed
    M: 124823

Head          : uncursed rusty helm of leadership [+1, +2] {Ch+6}    [100s]
    Neck          : blessed amulet of balance                              [3s]
    Body          : uncursed moloch armor (-8, -16) [-30, +50] {Dx-20} (-20 spd)
    Girdle        : blessed girdle of carrying [+0, +0]                   [15s]
    Cloak         : uncursed leather cloak (-1, +0) [+1, +0]              [40s]
    Right Hand    : blessed eternium broadsword of penetration (+1, 2d7+9)[38s]
    Left Hand     : uncursed tower eternium shield (-1) [+13, +4]         [70s]
    Right Ring    : uncursed ring of regeneration                          [1s]
    Left Ring     : uncursed ring of regeneration                          [1s]
    Bracers       : uncursed bracers of toughness [+0, +0] {To+7}         [10s]
    Gauntlets     : uncursed elemental gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +3]        [10s]
    Boots         : blessed seven league boots [+1, +3]                   [30s]
    Missile Weapon: uncursed long bow (+5, +2)                            [30s]
    Missiles      : bundle of 5 uncursed mithril arrows (+3, 1d6+3)       [10s]
    Tool          : uncursed flute                                         [3s]

uncursed spellbook of Acid Ball                                   [100s]
    huh...

28 companions were killed during her adventures.
    seriously? probably most of them were corrupted maggots anyway

Build: Aug 23 2015 14:35:34
    Well, stuff is going well enough to put:
    Code:
    :regex
    .*animated.*
    under supress. Half emssages like 'fail to hurt you' looks silly, but at least I can see important stuff. Now, I will need to figure if being invisible is suitable. Boars spread out considerable looser on these conditions...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

Learned few things:
    -using fire magic in AF, turns current trees hostile. New generated ones do not seem to care about past events. Guess, trees have memory issues.
    -tree generation is based on PC turns. So, 10 speed means very slow generation, not totally surprising, but sad anyway. (I use ~50 now, while running around)
    - invisibility is not good idea. Apparently one of boars had mind change and was torn apart by others... (The actual message was boar suddenly stopped... never saw that one.) So if i sit behind doors (as per plan), they will eventually kill themselves...

Back to the drawing board (my first idea was encase myself within doors and mindblast them - even hostile they would fight trees - but in the end I would need unearth all the loot from area with ~14 death machines(and I am surprised that female boar is not called sow by the way)). And you know, no way of knowing if it is enough loot or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Learned few things:
    -using fire magic in AF, turns current trees hostile. New generated ones do not seem to care about past events. Guess, trees have memory issues.
    -tree generation is based on PC turns. So, 10 speed means very slow generation, not totally surprising, but sad anyway. (I use ~50 now, while running around)
    - invisibility is not good idea. Apparently one of boars had mind change and was torn apart by others... (The actual message was boar suddenly stopped... never saw that one.) So if i sit behind doors (as per plan), they will eventually kill themselves...

Back to the drawing board (my first idea was encase myself within doors and mindblast them - even hostile they would fight trees - but in the end I would need unearth all the loot from area with ~14 death machines(and I am surprised that female boar is not called sow by the way)). And you know, no way of knowing if it is enough loot or not...
    Divide forest into sectors with doors, one uber-boar per sector?

... but in the end I would need unearth all the loot from area with ~14 death machines...
    Invisibility and Confusion Blast plus enough sources of teleport (for emergencies) should do the trick, or not?

I am a bit short on free time, so this will have to wait a bit. (like until Wednesday)

Overall, I am inclined to blast the boars ant let them loose, but I think I would need more boars and more food (although I need claculate that I have ~100 rations from autopickup and pile of meat/melons/etc. being troll halves their value...).

Doors are not that reliable as place is generating non tree monsters and some of them are quite high end (fire giants and molochs are not unusual -- I should have farmed at lower char level probably).

As far as dealing with boars.... I though more along the lines of blessing the lute and playing through doors, assuming I confuse hostile ones, retamed should kill them.
    Lv50 mindcrafter can teleport for 35PP so that is ~30 teleports with mine PP pool.

On good news front I have few armors of health (which are good at start of loop) and armor of power, which will be good a bit later. According to notes UL5 has a room with 20% spell reduction(to compensate for under 100 castings likely).
    I looked through wiki history and someone claims that weapons of power exist. They do not mention exact weapon, so I am inclined to believe that might have been something like staff of power.

Well, I managed to find that moloch as 'friendly' encounter. I chosed to allow him follow, entered location and got by trident back....
    Was it changed in recent versions? Connected to an artifact in inventory? Have never seen that with early-game barbarians and the like.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Was it changed in recent versions? Connected to an artifact in inventory? Have never seen that with early-game barbarians and the like.
    Well, it's in r60, which I would not define as recent.

He also dropped two moloch armors he picked.

And why this should be a surprise? It's still the same monster, wilderness is still the same area. Monsterds do drop picked up stuff, no?

Well, it's in r60, which I would not define as recent.

He also dropped two moloch armors he picked.

And why this should be a surprise? It's still the same monster, wilderness is still the same area. Monsterds do drop picked up stuff, no?
    I mean I have never re-encountered hostile monsters. Only neutral/tamed.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    I mean I have never re-encountered hostile monsters. Only neutral/tamed.
    http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=3370. Well, it's a feature since r52 apparently.