Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A: How does this work again?

Default Q&A: How does this work again?

thought that it would be handy if there was a catch-all thread in which simple questions could be asked and answered...

Q1: Can artifacts that happen to be on your crowning list be granted as a precrown?
    Closed Gate with: Orc Barbarian, Orc Paladin
    Ultra'd with: Gnome Weaponsmith (L+)

Yes they can, it's one way to narrow down the crowning list.
    I've had assassins precrowned with executor, archers with sun's messenger...
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Yes they can, it's one way to narrow down the crowning list.
    I've had assassins precrowned with executor, archers with sun's messenger...
    It doesn't really narrow down the list beyond telling you what you can't receive. Crowning gift is decided at character creation.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Well, yeah that's what I meant, obviously you cannot be precrowned with what has been chosen as your crowning gift upon char creation.
    But at least with this information, you have better knowledge of whether crowning asap is desirable or if you can just postpone it till you get enough gold through regular play, without grinding.
    Some classes have only one or two nice crowning gifts so getting them earlier via precrown makes the subsequent crowning not such a pressing matter, unless you need a specific immunity and have means to force the deity to grant it to you.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Well, yeah that's what I meant, obviously you cannot be precrowned with what has been chosen as your crowning gift upon char creation.
    Do we know that for sure? As in there are actual distinct artifact pools active in the game? One for precrowning, one for crowning, one for natural generation?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Do we know that for sure? As in there are actual distinct artifact pools active in the game? One for precrowning, one for crowning, one for natural generation?
    Not sure if i get the question.

Crowning gift is set upon char generation. It doesn't drop, etc. I believe this was shown on Adom of hall fame forums apoxim 15 years ago.

Each game has it's pool of artifacts. (Meaning in some games executor won 't drop no matter what). That was shown via code diving, but well again bug in pool generation meant that some artifacts never dropped in 1.1.1, which sort of confirmed exsistance of artifact pool.

Precrown and natural drop use same pool/list/whatever to the best of my knowledge.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Q2:

Fletchery says that Archer 18 gives 1.5x the usual ammunition when using a fletchery set, but Archer says that it lowers the time used to make the ammunition by 50% ... which is true?
    Closed Gate with: Orc Barbarian, Orc Paladin
    Ultra'd with: Gnome Weaponsmith (L+)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Crowning gift is set upon char generation. It doesn't drop, etc. I believe this was shown on Adom of hall fame forums apoxim 15 years ago.
    Yeah, that seems reasonable.

Each game has it's pool of artifacts. (Meaning in some games executor won 't drop no matter what). That was shown via code diving, but well again bug in pool generation meant that some artifacts never dropped in 1.1.1, which sort of confirmed exsistance of artifact pool.

Precrown and natural drop use same pool/list/whatever to the best of my knowledge.
    So what happens if you exhaust it and precrown?

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    Q2:

Fletchery says that Archer 18 gives 1.5x the usual ammunition when using a fletchery set, but Archer says that it lowers the time used to make the ammunition by 50% ... which is true?
    Research by Sami vs. research by Soirana. I'm bringing my popcorn.
    Last edited by _Ln_; 06-15-2016 at 03:23 PM.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Thankfully that's quite easy to find out... It reduces turns and doesn't make more ammo. Just need to ":t" to check for turn count, then compare pre 18 archer with a blessed log vs lvl 18 with a blessed log.

The increased ammo myth probably came about because of the variable quantity made with different status wood.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post

So what happens if you exhaust it and precrown?
    Pool is ~20 artifacts (or more). You would need to be ~lv70 to precrown with 20 artifacts. Once you get there, please report results.

Research by Sami vs. research by Soirana. I'm bringing my popcorn.
    None of pages includes clear link to any reasearch of mine. I see Grey's research, but you should pull bubble gum for that.
    The increase comes through the in-game manual description. (I states about being more productive, which I guess can be treated in a way of ammo per turn).
    Last edited by Soirana; 06-15-2016 at 05:37 PM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)