Thread: mindcrafter

Default mindcrafter

I've been throwing some human mindcrafters into SMC with various death-results.
    As for the tactics Gordons latest lets play have been very helpful.
    I've generally used "confuse + very aggressive/berserk" and some thrown rocks/sling.

As I understand it a lot of things can be confused but not undead, and I take damage trying to confuse undeads.
    I assume mindblast work on the same mobs that are affected by confusion, right?

What about other semi alive?
    Constructs
    Tree's
    Jellys

(claw bugs seem very difficult to confuse)

Current character have had a dangerous (with abyssmal drops) but so far successful smc/ud run and here now is an open tension/threat room of ochre jellies in my way to get past in ud6.
    I can sacrify my weapon since its a cursed scythe and with LUCK I can sling my way through them but no healing or prayers left and starting wands were knocking+ trap detection.
    I have 3 unid potions and 1 unid vibrating ring (other than luck+stun resist that I wear).
    Maybe I should id the ring, acid resist would be helpful I guess, dunno about the potions ...

I have about 20 rocks, sling 3, 15 dex and 5 pv, things look a bit dicey, I can however retreat to ud5 if/when needed.

For the ?'s yes mindblast works on same creatures confuse works on. Constructs are unaffected, as are most jellys, exception is gelatinous cube and gibbering mouther. Don't remember about trees, but I think no.

As for your current situation, id if possible, and see if you have a damaging wand. If not, retreat immediately and look for more ammo. Your best bet right now is to throw or shoot those bastards to death. You'll need about 50 or so ammo, and good news is that your ranged skill will increase very quickly

Wield the rock....
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    For the ?'s yes mindblast works on same creatures confuse works on. Constructs are unaffected, as are most jellys, exception is gelatinous cube and gibbering mouther. Don't remember about trees, but I think no.

As for your current situation, id if possible, and see if you have a damaging wand. If not, retreat immediately and look for more ammo. Your best bet right now is to throw or shoot those bastards to death. You'll need about 50 or so ammo, and good news is that your ranged skill will increase very quickly
    No unid wands.
    I got a couple of arrows but don't know status on bow, I'l'l try sling a bit and retreat when needed for more ammo I guess.
    I think I had the idscroll from start, do they have a bigger chance of being blessed?

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    No unid wands.
    I got a couple of arrows but don't know status on bow, I'l'l try sling a bit and retreat when needed for more ammo I guess.
    I think I had the idscroll from start, do they have a bigger chance of being blessed?
    No, much smaller chance to be blessed. You just got lucky this time. As for the jellies, it would be much better to stock up on ammo before you start attacking, otherwise they'll overwhelm you very quickly.