Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Occupations

Default Occupations

Just a general topic about what everyone here does besides burnin brain cells in ADOM.

I'm brazilian and I'm a graduate student in physics here. 2nd year.

Right now i'm on vacation but I'm trying to get me a job in a genetics research lab. If all else fails... i guess i'll become a high school teacher. =P. Oh, and I'm 21.

Well I'm 26, just graduated from a degree in physics, not sure what the hell I'll do next. Don't want to end up in teaching, but there's not many other jobs going, and I don't have the grades to go on to post-grad stuff. Maybe if I could find an ADOM-related job...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Yeah, the post grad stuff is really out of my league. I mean... i just love my free time too much to get the grades.

I'm 20, second year Uni studying Games Programming (Computer Science/Multimedia double degree) and doing some part-time web design work.

I`m 27. Working as Cable Systems consultant in some IT company. Tired as hell of this crysis..

Wow, lots of physicists here (compared to the general population, anyway)... I'm a diagnostic medical physicist, and I do radiation safety surveys of x-ray generating equipment, and accreditation of CT and MRI scanners. For those with an MS or higher in physics who don't want to stay in academia or R&D, medical physics is where it's AT.

Of course, there's always the task of getting that MS... my experience at Virginia Tech was, to say the least, harrowing.

21 year old law student.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    21 year old law student.
    Never would have imagined that there were law nerds that play ADOM.

19 years old here, studying Computer Engineering at Oklahoma State University (it's essentially the same as Electrical Engineering, but with a Computer focus, of course). If I can finish it as fast as I hope to (as in, before my scholarship runs out), I will also try to obtain a Computer Science degree. Currently entering my sophomore year.

Otherwise, it's summer jobbing for me. Tried to get an internship this summer, but nepotism issues made it impossible to work at the place I applied to, so I ended up spending the summer at Home Depot instead (Garden associate = so much heavy lifting). Was $9.10 an hour though, so it was worth it.
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

so sons, I`m the eldes here? He he! Respect my wisdom! ))))