Thread: Recharging Starves and other items

Default Recharging Starves and other items

For those of you who don't have Thomas on Facebook,

st invented 40+ new items for the next ADOM content release while having breakfast in Stockholm harbor. I still need to implement them but that will happen before the Rolf/volcano release.

There's a whole new class of items among them, too (staves as an extension of wands... the difference here is that they don't have actual charges but recharge after a certain amount of time has passed; maybe moves instead of time - I'm still thinking about balance issues related to the wilderness).

and

The technical prerequisites for this now have been implemented (accidentally ;-). Once people have toyed with recharging staves I'm very much looking forward for interesting proposals. Both for existing and new items.

Opens some interesting possibilities up. I've always felt Starves in general, well, suck. The only good staff is the staff of creation for Wizards.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

Maybe they should recharge when you kill something in melee with the staff . As proposed it seems they're just a wand variant with potentially different (and more powerful?) effects.

BTW: Is it possible to 'z'ap a wielded wand? The "Zap_Wands_In_Hand" setting suggests it is, but I wasn't able to do it (r64/r65). EDIT: Apparently this setting allows you to zap a wielded wand by 'U'sing it, weird...
    Last edited by Grond; 07-06-2016 at 07:11 AM.

I'm pretty sure I will use wuarterstaves exclusively if this happens.... So awesome.

What are "starves"? Staves?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    while having breakfast in Stockholm harbor.
    Oooh, famous ppl visiting home, would buy him something for wand recharge if I met him

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    What are "starves"? Staves?
    his autocorrect starved him of proper spelling

Starves sound like they could be useful to get rid of bloated when you have a corpse that you really want to eat before it rots away and you have no way of preserving it .

Quote Originally Posted by salass00 View Post
    Starves sound like they could be useful to get rid of bloated when you have a corpse that you really want to eat before it rots away and you have no way of preserving it .
    That's why you play drakelings!