Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ADOM updates by TB ["future" spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    Just saw the pre-release update - any idea what is meant by "5 new dungeon variants"?
    It's about the tiles. Some dungeons have themes (overgrown with plants etc.). Or so I have seen before switching back to ASCII.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

I wish TB would focus more on fixing bugs instead of adding yet new ambitious features, so he could move onto ADOM II. The resurrection has been going on since, what, 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Graphical mode killed my imagination, I had my own personal idea of what monsters and stuffs looks like ...it's like the difference between reading a book or watching TV...but it's so cute and nice that I can't go back to ASCII and 'L'ook at everything anymore....
    My mental image of ADOM was always closer to what the 2014 Shadowgate remake looks like: http://store.steampowered.com/app/294440/
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Really excited about the Rolf quest.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Really excited about the Rolf quest.
    ditto. There isn't many game breaking bugs i'm aware of.

i played gamma 15. I know what bugs are lol.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I wish TB would focus more on fixing bugs instead of adding yet new ambitious features, so he could move onto ADOM II. The resurrection has been going on since, what, 2012?
    I had assumed that once the Resurrection went ahead, ADOM II was essentially dead.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    I had assumed that once the Resurrection went ahead, ADOM II was essentially dead.
    pretty sure TB is "backporting" the majority of ADOM II
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!