Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ADOM updates by TB ["future" spoilers]

@Soriana - Interesting! I will try and emulate that next time! Ideally I would like the tiles to be bigger but maybe that is something I can play with. EDIT: I see in the first post of the thread you linked has this. Amazing!

@Couchfighter - This must have been close to 20 years ago that I discovered it... I remember my first time actually beating the game was polymorphed into a Sandiff of all things! Once I learned the ropes I was all about the Borgon Vile / Swordsman... it really was a great game that I have fond memories of.
    Last edited by Booster; 07-20-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    I've tried with graphics because I love the art, but ASCII for me is just so much better - I feel like I can see more. .
    same here. Also being a long term player you get the "spidey sense" of knowing where the stairs are going to be on each level (its not truly random) with the full ascii view. Not sure i'd get that on the tiles.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

I just feel tile graphical mode looks so much better. It's like going from an Atari console game to a Super Nintendo game. Why play ET when you can play Final Fantasy 6? :P

Graphical mode killed my imagination, I had my own personal idea of what monsters and stuffs looks like ...it's like the difference between reading a book or watching TV...but it's so cute and nice that I can't go back to ASCII and 'L'ook at everything anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    Why play ET when you can play Final Fantasy 6? :P
    Both of these graphics are obsolete in modern days. Once you wrap in nostalgia factor I am not o sure Final fantasy beats E.T. (for example I never played any FF game...)

IMHO, current tile set (or any tileset honestly) does not offer enough to bother changing anything.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

For those of you who don't check the Adom blog every 30 minutes in case there's a post, there is a fresh one now.

Eh, the only thing that annoys me about the graphical tile set (and the GUI in general) is that the minimap jumps around all 4 corners as a demented squirrel on crack, and i can't figure out how to stop it from doing so
    Closed Gate with: Orc Barbarian, Orc Paladin
    Ultra'd with: Gnome Weaponsmith (L+)

Just saw the pre-release update - any idea what is meant by "5 new dungeon variants"?

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    Just saw the pre-release update - any idea what is meant by "5 new dungeon variants"?
    assume he is talking about the shifting sands and other dungeon features. Shifting sands caused a irretrievable game breaking crash - my level of interest isn't quite high enough to play to past DT if there is a potential crash lurking there!
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    assume he is talking about the shifting sands and other dungeon features. Shifting sands caused a irretrievable game breaking crash - my level of interest isn't quite high enough to play to past DT if there is a potential crash lurking there!
    In the newest version released 2 days ago? I havnt had a chance to download it yet, but tb says that bug got fixed