Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most challenging quest in ADOM...

Question The most challenging quest in ADOM...

...is probably the postcard quest!
    When I complete this quest, mine will be from Houston, TX. But if I wait to send it until the next time I visit my parents, it will be postmarked from Belgrade, Serbia. I think the good Mr. Biskup would enjoy that more.
    From whence will your postcard be sent?

Man, I should have done this years ago. I live in Poland, close to the border with Germany.
    So close in fact, I could deliver the postcard in person without having to refuel my car.
    It's unforgivable I haven't done this yet, especially knowing how much fun ADOM has been for me through all those years.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Probably from somewhere in Central Europe, during the year then I was bouncing around the Europe. Although given my memory issues I ought to send another just to be sure...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

I am ashamed that I have not done this. I will have to get one from my hometown where I started playing almost 20 years ago and one from where I have been now for the last 15 lol.
    Last edited by naiyor; 08-28-2016 at 05:51 AM.

I wrote a 200~~ word letter back in 2002-2004 (notepad), but never arsed to copy it on paper and send the letter

I'll finish this quest. Some day.
    Sometimes I wish I would have a smaller dick.

Does The Creator even care about postcards anymore? I thought it's all about the money now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddox View Post
    Does The Creator even care about postcards anymore? I thought it's all about the money now.
    Yeah, that's totally reason why free version exists (and as he said will continue to exist).
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Hah, yeah. Like the few 10's of k's Thomas has made from ADOM has definitely set him up for life. I don't know the creator, but from what I can read people I'm pretty sure he's done pretty well monetarily before adom resurrection too.
    Sometimes I wish I would have a smaller dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddox View Post
    I totally love postcards. Every day I receive a postcard is a small festival day :-)

I'm not sure where you got the impression that it's all about money now. Besides me wondering what bad there is about money? Especially after working on ADOM for an eternity without getting money for it.

The money we currently earn is used to fund Team ADOM (and that's the other awesome folks besides me - I yet have to take a single EUR out of the money earned). And I'm saving the money to invest it into ADOM's future, PR and other things.
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Quote Originally Posted by timeywimey View Post
    Hah, yeah. Like the few 10's of k's Thomas has made from ADOM has definitely set him up for life. I don't know the creator, but from what I can read people I'm pretty sure he's done pretty well monetarily before adom resurrection too.
    You are correct, I'm doing well enough without ADOM. Nonetheless I am very greatful for ADOM being extremely successful on Steam (much more successful than many other games as it seems) because this will allow us to continue developing it for a long time. Remember: ADOM nowadays is developed by me (core game), Jochen (ports, NotEye, bug fixing, infrastructure), Zeno (NotEye), Krys (graphics) and Lucas (music). Lucas and Krys work full-time on ADOM, Zeno with a part of his time. Jochen and I are doing our work in our spare time - parallel to full-time jobs. My awesome compatriots need to pay their bills, eat and live somewhere. So I am very happy to be able to pay them for their awesome contributions - they deserve it.
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com