Thread: And another stupid death

Default And another stupid death

I decided to roll with a drakeling priest as I never won the game. After I stumbled upon 2 neutral altars I figured the game really wants me to get crowned, so I painfully grind and then finally I get crowned (for the first time since playing) with Skullcrusher. Pretty sweet, I muttered to myself, maybe I'll finally win. Oh, little did I knew.
    Then I get to Dwarftown and start doing quests. At the 5th quest, the fearsome greater demon appears, so I whip out my lightning. The problem is that somehow the lightning reflected all the way up to Waldenbrook, the shopkeeper. When I go left, I see a lot of his grunts, and him in person, mad and ready to go. He tosses his coin of terror from miles away and hits me for 60 damage.
    "Maybe I can outrun him" . I try to run away for an exit, to think of something to do, but he dashes for me at warp speed 5. I run in 5 turns as much as he runs in one. When he finally catches me, even with tactics set to coward, he uses his shopkeeper kungfu and sends me to my demise.

Needless to say, my salt levels are trough the roof.
    Last edited by Shaddox; 07-22-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Hilarious. How come you didn't have a wand of teleportation by the time you got to Thrundarr's fifth quest?

I didn't find one. At first I went to the SMC and since i already had the blanket and the exit was closer than the entry, I went straight to the UD and then to CoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddox View Post
    I didn't find one. At first I went to the SMC and since i already had the blanket and the exit was closer than the entry, I went straight to the UD and then to CoC.
    There's a guaranteed one on the way to coc in the ordinary cave fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    There's a guaranteed one on the way to coc in the ordinary cave fyi
    Good to know. Thanks.

It's annoying to get to without magic mapping however, that is something to keep in mind.