Thread: Casual game lost to stupidity by a... carrion crawler?!?

Default Casual game lost to stupidity by a... carrion crawler?!?

Rolled a necro with the intention of making him into a H2H life-stealing vampire. HIWL shop had an AoLS - amazing I thought, one less wish needed. PC had a pool on PC:1 and another on PC:4. Since it was still relatively early and I had tele control I though what the hell, I'll try to sip. I was playing to pass some time or otherwise I wouldn't toy with a game where I already had AoLS. Drank one pool and came away with -sleep and -stun. Went back up to PC:1 and first sip was a wish! Got a girdle of giant strength (should have gotten eternium tower shields!), and kept sipping, getting doomed and cursed in the process. I had a good DV and PV at this point so I wasn't too worried, just would need to keep my eyes out for an altar.

I had invisibility so went to small cave and jumped down to UD. Came across a run of the mill carrion crawler which I never ever give a second thought in any of my games. Went to attack it with H2H as they are easy right? First hit punches through my armor and paralyzes me. 100 hits later I'm dead.

It was only a casual game as I'm waiting for the next update to invest in a character but thought I'd share - beware the carrion crawlers when doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    HIWL shop had an AoLS - amazing I thought, one less wish needed. PC had a pool on PC:1 and another on PC:4. came away with -sleep and -stun. Went back up to PC:1 and first sip was a wish! Got a girdle of giant strength. carrion crawler. First hit punches through my armor and paralyzes me!

I have to admit I've never been paralyzed by a carrion crawler before.

I also have to admit I never ever fight creatures while doomed unless I forget that I've been doomed.

Yes, sadly, being doomed not only makes everyone you fight more experienced, but also you are a lot more likely to suffer their status effects. I didn't know Carrion Crawler could paralyze, so good to know.