Thread: Going back into ADOM (and Introduction!)

Smile Going back into ADOM (and Introduction!)

(Hmm... where's the Introduction section? Oh well, might as well post in the General Discussion then!)

Hello everyone! My name on here is HolySpellswordFrank, but you can just call me Frank! I've been on this forum as an outside guest, and mostly looking for tips here. I also saw Silfir and GordonOverkill here, whose videos I watch on Youtube. I really want to get to know them on here, and also ask for tips to play ADOM. These are the two reasons why I joined this forum.

A quick story of my ADOM career: I started playing this game in the fall of 2005, and I was still a kid back then. For several years, I managed to get as far as finishing the Dwarven Graveyard. (Griff Bloodax is a tough undead foe to beat!) Then around 2013, my farthest has been the CoC Graveyard. Lastly in the summer of 2015, I reached the Water Temple. After that summer, I lost interest in the game, but after watching one of GordonOverkill's recent videos, my interest was sparked once again. Now I've registered on here to enlist the help of you guys, including the veterans and the rookies.

Despite the amount of time I've invested into Thom- I mean, the Creater's finest work, I still consider myself a novice player, slightly bordering onto intermediate. I may post a somewhat recent video of me (in 2015) playing a small part of the game, to see what you guys have to say. Plus, I'm not going to be the one giving any advice, in order to keep other players from messing up.

See you later!
    ~Frank
    "This light... it feels so pure... I feel as if my heart is washed of all the evil against my friends and family. With this new power, now I am ready to confront her..." ~Frank, after fighting the greater rage demon in his final trial at the Shining Palace

I think one of the easiest ways to find advice on the forum is to look at some of the old posts where people ask for early game tips, I would also suggest watching other people complete the game but it seems you've already done that. You should be well on track to beating the game as long as you keep playing. If you're not sure what class to play, wizards are definitively the most powerful class in the game.