Thread: Chaos god aspirant shot down by... the skeletal king?

Default Chaos god aspirant shot down by... the skeletal king?

I died to the skeleton king, pretty dumb. I had the spiked armor of terror and chaos but obviously I can't wear it while walking on ice, too risky. So I took it off opened the door and walked back to where my stuff was hoping to fight with the Ancient mummy wrapping on. Apparently I was not strong enough to do that so I started to put my armor back on but I'm an idiot because full plate armor takes forever to put on. So i stopped doing that and by that time I was at about 70 health. So the turn I stopped I got confused so i figured I'd wait it out and then eat pepper petals. I went from 57 health to -2. I'm amazed at how strong the skeletal king was, I had about 18 pv with no armor on and I was on coward with >50 dv. Just ridiculous.

It was the confusion that got me for sure. Perfectly timed to kill me. It was also the not just fighting him straight up without trying to change armor move that killed me. Cause I could have taken him with my pepper petals and ancient mummy wrapping.

Skeleton kings have 50 DV and 30 PV and strong attack, so you need to have a reasonably powerful char to kill one in melee. In one game I had to kill him by throwing potions of holy water. Extraordinary wasteful but better than dying...