Thread: Tome of Donors effects thread.

Default Tome of Donors effects thread.

Right now I don't think anyone has a good idea of what exactly the tome of donors does, so here's a thread where people can post theories and confirmed effects from the tome of donors.

The effects that I know for sure happened :

I was healed to full (happened to be at 75% hp), I think the message was that I feel refreshed?

I was blessed for some amount of turns, always shorter than the amount time I had to wait to read the book again.

Messages/effects I'm not sure about :

You feel (well?) prepared. At some point I somehow got intrinsic death ray resistance, it might have been from this message. Or it came from one of the bugged pool messages I got when it told me I lost perma invis even though I didn't even have temporary invis, or when it told me I lost cold res even though I didn't have it. (I also got para res somehow, which could have been from the glitched pool message or from the tome IDK.)

There was some sort of message that implied that it improved my knowledge somehow? Like it improved my literacy or learning maybe?

So what sort of stuff have you guys come across?

"You feel well-educated by this." was this message that implied it improved my knowledge.
    The next level up after I got it my learning improved after I had not read any other books. So it's totally possible it trains learning.

The best thing about the Tome of Donors is that it's always positive. I don't know if the story relayed is related to the effect or not, but I don't think so. I think you get a random story and a random effect.

There's quite a good page here: http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Tome_of_donors

I collect the tome of donors almost every game that I survive that far, and I haven't see on that isn't in that list.

"You suddenly feel well prepared" grants all elemental resistances, as well as death ray and confusion resistance. I have only seen that once or twice.

"You suddenly feel refreshed" will top up PP and HP, but if they are max, it will +1 both Strength and Toughness. I always make sure I'm full up when I read the Tome. This is reasonably common.