Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Three OCG attempts currently waiting for August 30

Default Three OCG attempts currently waiting for August 30

Hello,

When I learned that August 30 means a guaranteed Amulet of Resurrection, I wanted to have some characters ready to take advantage. I also have been wanting to do OCG ending, and the extra SoCR are very helpful in the final fight against Andy. I was going to try to get as many guys as I could ready for it, and on the day itself I will probably gen quite a few more that rush to the BM and save.

However, this thread is about the three guys that made it through the very aggressive SMC -> UD dive and all have currently beaten the Pyramid, Griffyard, and are almost ready for the tower. I dove very hard, and many Gnomish Monks perished between SMC and UD:4, and in the end, I never got one of those through, since I was very reckless and would not leave without the blanket.

Anyway, below are the three that were blessed enough to make it through, kill Keethrax, and do the early CoC.

1. OCGYolo10, the Drakeling Wizard- http://pastebin.com/M4BxFHSZ

Standard mid game Wizard here, except that my spells are kinda meh. Precrowned with Shezestriakis, which are very, very helpful, and only make meleeing the trash mobs slightly annoying in exchange for those amazing defensive benefits. I cannot imagine a RC combo that would benefit from the gauntlets of eternal peace more.

Stairhopping for blink dogs is probably in this guy's future, especially if I can afford the Amulet and get the book of teleport. I do not know when do to the Rift, but I should start pumping Climbing now to be ready.

2. OCGYolo39, the Dark Elven Beastfighter- http://pastebin.com/gfwKsxxU

Nothing too notable about this guy. Just doing standard DE Beastfighter things. Check out those red d'hide gauntlets though. He needs to go to Darkforge and look for better armor and any artifact weapons for ratling fodder. The terrible Waldy prices will make the Amulet purchase later in the game, unless I want to hoof it back to HMV to sell the si stack every time. Beastfighter is kinda meh for this (OCG or die trying), as they hurt a lot from the late crowning, plus they are melee and have to walk through the ID.

This guy does have teleport control and a back up corpse at Waldy's, so that is one thing he has going for him. I should probably work on crossbow marks, but I probably won't and will just melee the ACW. I think that the Guth'Alak wand is still unclaimed, so I am good for the Tomb as well. If any one of these guys should head to ICQ and do whatever people do there, it would be this guy.

3. OCGYolo45, the Dwarven Monk- http://pastebin.com/H6Hn4SS9

I was so impressed from my Monk gate closer that I had to do it again. This guy is the strongest and needs to head straight to ID, get TP Control and get the RCT. Precrowned with Wyrmlance and ready at any time to smith up a storm, this would be my bet for best chance to complete the OCG if Wizards were not so broken. Phase Dagger already achieved for ASB carnage, 6 stack of artifacts sitting in OC, and the best Waldy shop prices to get the needed 90k. Potion shop and two pools directly under DT.

The one tiny downside is that he is a no good, dirty rotten cat killer. 38 cave tigers. Thirty-eight.

So there you have it. Probably none of these will finish OCG. I really want to complete the hardest ending though, so it is OCG or bust. I do have one question though- what is the interaction of OCG and TotRR? if I enter with Trinity equipped, and kill with Trident, do I still get OCG? Or do I get UCG? I am only asking since the Trident is the best weapon, especially for the Monk, as I am getting the AoLS automatically, and Monk scales with levels very well. Even if I have to drop it to get OCG.

Doesn't the amulet only spawn for characters generated on the 30th? [edit]Testing suggests that as long as the BM is generated on the 30th, you're fine. So any of those characters that have already been to Lawenthelilol won't be able to get the amulet.[/edit]

IIRC, a failed chaotic ultra becomes OCG. You can bring the trident in, even have it equipped (skip the sceptre of chaos entirely, I think?) and then just kill any with some other weapon at the end. [edit2]Is this right? I seem to remember reading that this is what happens, but I can't find anything to verify[/edit2]
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 08-27-2016 at 06:07 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Doesn't the amulet only spawn for characters generated on the 30th? [edit]Testing suggests that as long as the BM is generated on the 30th, you're fine. So any of those characters that have already been to Lawenthelilol won't be able to get the amulet.[/edit]

IIRC, a failed chaotic ultra becomes OCG. You can bring the trident in, even have it equipped (skip the sceptre of chaos entirely, I think?) and then just kill any with some other weapon at the end. [edit2]Is this right? I seem to remember reading that this is what happens, but I can't find anything to verify[/edit2]
    None of them have entered Lawenilothehl yet.

Isn't there another "bad" ending if you kill Andy sans Trident? The one that ultra-hopeful Beastfighters can get? I figured that some flag was set if you went in with Trinity, that let you use whatever you want, but I do not know if I would "ruin" my OCG by using Trident for the final blow.

Lawfuls and neutrals definitely get a bad ending for killing him without the trident. I have a feeling that UCG hopefuls are different, but I haven't tried this myself (though arguably OCG is a "bad ending" in some sense).

I strongly suspect that entering with the Trinity and killing him with the ToTRR will lead to a UCG, though.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Overheat2 View Post
    So there you have it. Probably none of these will finish OCG. I really want to complete the hardest ending though, so it is OCG or bust. I do have one question though- what is the interaction of OCG and TotRR?
    I am about 90% sure of what is written below. So, keep that in mind.

On enter stuff matters just for one thing --- survival. Either you survive (trinity, trident, other stuff) entering chaos gate or not.

Ultra can happen if and only if Andy is killed by char who wields trident of the red rooster.

OCG happens if you:
    a) are chaotic (obvious)
    b) don't qualify for ultra by not wielding trident (obvious)
    c) killed Andy (obvious)
    d) no extra conditions (not so obvious).

So in theory you can waltz in as lawful champion with trident (to avoid being extremely corrupted), manufacter alignment drop (wish for beggars and kill them, for example), double check for not wielding TotRR, kill Andy and get your OCC without ever seeing scepter. (I have not done that in practice, might be worth trying although).
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

With the beastfighter, why crown late? For an OCG there is no reason not to crown as champion of chaos early, is there? Well, maybe after doing some quests that require N+ alignment first. Khelly will still give you his scrolls, so while corruption might be an issue, it can be managed..

Good luck, and have fun! OCG is cool, it's a race against corruption, but it's much less restrictive than other ultra endings.

And remember that a monk can create SoCR from writing sets without any penalties!
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

"I really want to complete the hardest ending though, so it is OCG or bust."

OCG definitely isn't the hardest, unless by hardest you mean the most tedious.
    Sometimes I wish I would have a smaller dick.

Quote Originally Posted by timeywimey View Post
    "I really want to complete the hardest ending though, so it is OCG or bust."

OCG definitely isn't the hardest, unless by hardest you mean the most tedious.
    What part of getting the TotRR is harder than diving to the Sil?

Blue dragon caves, scintilating caves (especially some open threat rooms) can be legit hard places. What part of diving to Sil is actually hard?
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

tbh both are trivial by the time you are doing them. Sure, you can die on the way, but mostly because some oversight / stupidity. But usually your char is totally set up by the time you decide to fetch the sceptre and definitely set when you go for the trident.

I:66 you can get the item you are looking for without actually fighting malakai (not sure if he ever picks it up?), who definitely is a tough opponent.

e: but mayhaps it all comes down to how you like to play. I usually grind 247, laughing at myself for spending so much irltime on adom etc etc, so by the time I do these things my char's way OP.

e2: hmh, just babbling. regarding my previous edit: Maybe add a gamemode where you cannot remove any corruptions and you get the bg corruption of d90 from the start? That would definitely force players not to grind and then the OCG would mayhaps be the hardest ending ever heh.
    Last edited by timeywimey; 08-28-2016 at 05:04 PM.
    Sometimes I wish I would have a smaller dick.