Thread: Wererats & Nether Bolt

Default Wererats & Nether Bolt

Playing the new beta on steam I have noticed a weird thing: playing as an high elf druid I used a Nether Bolt on a Wererat and I noticed that "The wererat is badly injured by the icy blast" (see attachment). I thought that only fire creatures has this kind of vulnerability, and anyway I can't see a reason why a wererat should be especially vulnerable to cold attacks.

Has anybody noticed a similar behaviour before? Should I file a bug report?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gate closed with all classes but Chaos Knight! (Still no Ultra/OCG)

Was not able to reproduce this with any race/class, even with another HE Druid.

I suspect it was a fluke/bug.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Ok. The character is still alive anyway. If I meet another wererat I will try to freeze it again.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostjghost View Post
    Was not able to reproduce this with any race/class, even with another HE Druid.

I suspect it was a fluke/bug.
    I've noticed this too. For instance an elementalist I played the weekly challenge with was casting frostbolt and all monsters generated the message "is badly inured by the icy blast'' - it seems to be a change to indicate the monster took full damage/was not resistant. Rather than how it was previously, to denote an elemental weakness, like fire vs mummies.

Yeah, I noticed that the message appears for every spell cast by this or other characters. It even applies to Magic Missile, with a message like "foo is badly inured by the.".
    I have seen that on the linux version, I don't know if this is present in other versions.

Maybe it is unique to linux then. I play on a windows 8 pc.

Or maybe its just the beta, I'm still on release 64, which to my knowledge was the last non-beta release on steam.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family