Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R68

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post

Have steel golems been buffed? they hit like a ton of bricks and I had some 35-38 pv.

Get more and more used to buffer in lower left, I'm not sure I like top for stats, can I move it with some settings to bottom?
    Steel golems have always been the early/midgame badass "boss." Sure you are not doomed etc?

as far as the ui goes:
    Ctrl-n m

Haven't fired up adom in a week or so and apparently there has been an update, so dunno if that still works. I can't play without the classic"" setup from years and years and years back, but that's obviously because that's what I'm used to using etc etc.
    Sometimes I wish I would have a smaller dick.

Quote Originally Posted by timeywimey View Post
    Steel golems have always been the early/midgame badass "boss." Sure you are not doomed etc?

as far as the ui goes:
    Ctrl-n m

Haven't fired up adom in a week or so and apparently there has been an update, so dunno if that still works. I can't play without the classic"" setup from years and years and years back, but that's obviously because that's what I'm used to using etc etc.
    I was from eating oracle but got rid of it and it wasnt as bas as doomed just the crits that I forgot how much they hurt.
    Probably linked to me killing them a bit slow, bp w/o find weakness and 23 str works but isnt fast, they got a lot of time getting that crit on me.

I'll check Ctrl-n m later, thanks.

How do I turn off vile spirits?

So overpowered monsters especially when trying a weaker race/class combination.

If you're on a Windows machine, go to

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\ADOM\adom_dat\adom.cfg

At the bottom of the text file, add the line

Ghosts_Deactivated = true
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I haven't seen a single vile spirit so far, I gotta check if for some reason they've been disabled. I haven't changed a thing of my steam adom. Then again, I don't play that often and when I do fire up adom it's ultra or bust with a good win%. Now that sounded cocky as hell, sorry about that. I really haven't genuinely not even once seen one around, so definitely need to check / even reinstall adom. Just blabbering, as always, giving nothing to the topic.
    Sometimes I wish I would have a smaller dick.

I actually had to doublecheck the vile spirit thing as well recently, for some reason I haven't seen a player ghost in months, not a single one.

Same here, I havnt seen a vile spirit in a long time, and I actually like the damned things

I think they got reset - I saw one recently on PC2 - a former version of myself he generated an odd message when he died relating to the forces of chaos, though he died from ants.

He was C- when he died, though I don't know if that affects his chance to become a vile spirit or not.

I saw him on the character I rolled right after he died.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    In r68 I didn't notice any lag even in animated forest, greater vaults, or D50. Then again, I didn't notice much lag in DT even with r66, so I guess YMMV.
    I've tried fighting in AF... at points screen (ascii with tiles in mini map) displays empty point next to char and tree's (who is one/two tiles away) health bar keeps dropping...

I tried running different renders, but still often looks like after w+direction health line runs several lines ahead of character...

I've looked into pc performance looks like using ~23-24% of CPU which is one processor of quad, I guess...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    If you're on a Windows machine, go to

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\ADOM\adom_dat\adom.cfg

At the bottom of the text file, add the line

Ghosts_Deactivated = true
    Thanks will update cfg.
    After throwing less than 10 characters to their death I've met 2 spirits, the first was dispatched with a beefy character.
    Are they gone when killed or do they stack up?
    Are they always encountered in early game or is that related to lvl of dead characters?