Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R68

Default R68

I want try some of the new features and will get the steam version.
    Have anyone encountered any serious issues in R68?

It still seems a bit finicky.

The biggest problem that I've heard is that the game gets very sluggish if you encounter an area with large numbers of monsters (animated forest, etc.). There still seem to be a few kinks in the new shifting dungeons. Overall, I'd say playable, but r60 is still probably most stable version, IMHO.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

R68 gets rid of the lag in areas with large numbers of monsters. Otherwise, JellySlayer is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    R68 gets rid of the lag in areas with large numbers of monsters. Otherwise, JellySlayer is correct.
    Thx I should probably try it, r60 have the graphics issue in fixed areas so I've been sticking to r59.

Edit: is shifting dungeons optional or are certain lvls or certain random dungeons shifting?

I think shifting dungeons are a random feature, similar to rivers. Last game I didn't have any in CoC, but I wouldn't be surprised if they can appear there. The penultimate level in the moldy dungeon seems guaranteed to be shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Something like dwarftown still lags considerably.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Something like dwarftown still lags considerably.
    In r68 I didn't notice any lag even in animated forest, greater vaults, or D50. Then again, I didn't notice much lag in DT even with r66, so I guess YMMV.

I'm noticing the level doesn't scroll over correctly. In a certain 'segment' east to west or vice versa, you have to run your character over to the edge, then it scrolls the screen further in that direction once you reach it. Which is a problem when you need to view further ahead of you and not walk into disaster.

I decided it was time to get the steam version and installed R68 beta.

No issues so far, died with a few chars, got a nice hurth mindcrafter but with a str potential of 7 ...

Now "Holy Harry the human paladin" got to hmw , with 13-14 starting pv it wasnt very difficult.
    I got achievment for entering terinyo after hmw but none for reaching hmw ... what?
    I met a vile spirit , are they fixed so they wont be overpowered later or should I turn them off?

I got 5 different spellbooks out of 5, not the usual case either that many or so much variation for a paladin, I havent id them yet.
    I have to admit it was awhile since the recent paladin.

Prices in thieves guild shop was better than normal, maybe because of human with 17 charisma.

I could configure my usual settings like normal in adom.cfg, stuff like display exp, fast missile ready = false and increased message buffer.

One gnoll vault in ud, without the exited message, maybe I just missed it, I'm not used to having message buffer in lower left.
    I should have walked back up to verify since I use verbose_level_messages.

Cool with a ton of initial game settings, one that I miss is random but excluding races/classess.
    For example I'm not very keen on playing chaos knight, troll or mistelf other times I may want to play a random caster and exclude non casters and vice verse.
    Last edited by blunk; 09-03-2016 at 03:12 PM.

Wow, the difference, getting a ton of spellbooks all over as paladin.
    A lot more offence than I'm used to as cleric type caster.

As a human paladin I've luckily got enough learning to read some even from uncursed books.

Probably just rng but one scroll of uncursing after I've done smc/ud, dd, pc, coc to khelly, pyramid, dwarven gy and darkforge.

Have steel golems been buffed? they hit like a ton of bricks and I had some 35-38 pv.

Get more and more used to buffer in lower left, I'm not sure I like top for stats, can I move it with some settings to bottom?

Two small issues compared to R59:
    1. I can't see the blessed (from crowning) status message, was that removed or can I see it somewhere ?
    Its a good reminder that I've done crowning.
    2. When casting detect item (not sure about detect monster) I dont get squares when changing (F10) to ascii mode.