Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: IGB update

I believe that the wiki often copies the guidebook directly (it could be the other way around, but I'm pretty sure the guidebook was earlier) so I think that it is unfair to say that the guidebook is unnecessary when it helps make the wiki a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzcrank View Post
    I believe that the wiki often copies the guidebook directly (it could be the other way around, but I'm pretty sure the guidebook was earlier) so I think that it is unfair to say that the guidebook is unnecessary when it helps make the wiki a better place.
    That would be true, if you would refer to AW's original guidebook, and not the "I"GB which is a pirated copy itself.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Boys I've lost the point of the thread..so i'm adding something lighter and absolutely out of the line..would like to introduce the new guests of my home..

my guys.jpg

I promise not to harm them until they become hostile....

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Boys I've lost the point of the thread..so i'm adding something lighter and absolutely out of the line..would like to introduce the new guests of my home..

my guys.jpg

I promise not to harm them until they become hostile....
    You've got it all backwards. It's their home now and you are their servant.
    Sometimes I wish I would have a smaller dick.

So the work is mostly done. The Improved ADOM Guidebook is updated to ADOM R+ versions. Enjoy!
    http://sweb.cz/adomgb

When taking sections from of the wiki, some vetting of the information is in order so that inaccurate information isn't preserved. IQD and tome of donors sections both contain inaccuracies that have since been fixed on the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    When taking sections from of the wiki, some vetting of the information is in order so that inaccurate information isn't preserved. IQD and tome of donors sections both contain inaccuracies that have since been fixed on the wiki.
    Which inaccuracies are there exactly? IQD article received only very minor update for Drakeling's speed decrease - there is nothing inaccurate. Tome of donors article likewise - IGB has more info than Wiki on that.

Quote Originally Posted by IGB View Post
    Which inaccuracies are there exactly? IQD article received only very minor update for Drakeling's speed decrease - there is nothing inaccurate. Tome of donors article likewise - IGB has more info than Wiki on that.
    Pretty much everything in the old drakeling IQD section is wrong: offensive alchemy does give speed bonuses past the first level, speed doesn't go down to 10 unless you kill a lot of things, there aren't any ancient white dragons in IC5, and the area is not actually impossibly difficult for drakelings if you know what you are doing (don't fight statues in IC1, don't pick up stuff in IC3).

Point of my initial post was more to suggest a greater level of effort on your part as the curator of a guide, rather than to do editing for you. IGB is your baby: I leave the tome of donors inaccuracy to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Pretty much everything in the old drakeling IQD section is wrong: offensive alchemy does give speed bonuses past the first level, speed doesn't go down to 10 unless you kill a lot of things, there aren't any ancient white dragons in IC5, and the area is not actually impossibly difficult for drakelings if you know what you are doing (don't fight statues in IC1, don't pick up stuff in IC3).

Point of my initial post was more to suggest a greater level of effort on your part as the curator of a guide, rather than to do editing for you. IGB is your baby: I leave the tome of donors inaccuracy to you.
    Thanks! Please report if you find more

Quote Originally Posted by IGB View Post
    So the work is mostly done. The Improved ADOM Guidebook is updated to ADOM R+ versions. Enjoy!
    http://sweb.cz/adomgb
    Thanks, for your work