Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [video] ADOM live streams by Tangar

Default [video] ADOM live streams by Tangar

Hi ho, catguys!

My name is Tangar Glaz, I’m 31, from Moscow, Russia... But I enjoy to speak English %)

I'm big fun of roguelike genre and also I'm making videos about my adventures.. )

I've tried ADOM for the 1st time recently and already made some vids:

1) ADOM Character creation - first launch of the game (not much gameplay there, but could be interesting to see how newbie seeing the game):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYdgwCpkGuY

2) in russian ADOM guide for newbies. There I translated ADOM tutorial to Russian:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvZukb5pup4

3) FIRST IMPRESSIONS. Its actually my first gameplay video:

I'll make moar streams soon %) I'm making videos at my English channel, then at Russian one, by turn But from now on in this topic I'll post only my English speaking videos %)

Who I am:
    youtuber I got ~40 YT channels, some of them in English. Youtube is my life
    MMO-expert MMORPGs are part of my life for almost 20 years At the same moment, I'm big fun of roguelike genre; my 1st game actually was a NetHack in the beginning of 90's %)
    journalist author of Russian gaming magazines
    musician rock band leader, guitar teacher, casual dj (electroclash, dark d'n'b)
    ecologist PhD %) I work at university as a soil scientist (computer science stuff)
    web designer I'm developing websites and also work as graphical designer
    writer I'm in long process of creating my own fantasy world. Writing it for a long years already %)
    videoartist recently I started to film TV series - GirlGamer %) We filmed 2 episodes yet

And finally I'm founder of Russian streamers community – Stream Guild.

Also I like sport (a lot of types: from karate to hiking), I do not drink alchohol (mad Russian!?), I enjoy cooking, I'm interested in history and politics, I like to draw (but not really good at it yet), I enjoy making photos (got instagram "igroglaz"). One of my dreams is to learn how to sew. I wanna make cloth for my self and my friends %)

So... Back to gaming stuff. I've got two English gaming channels at youtube:

http://youtube.com/GlazGame – daily live streams %)
    http://youtube.com/GameGlaz – gaming news & reviews

If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channels I'll be very glad to see you there and have a drink with ya %)

p.s.
    Also I got russian gaming channels; if you are interested - you could find links to them in my youtube channel description
    Last edited by tangar; 09-22-2016 at 11:02 AM.

New stream %)

Nice vids.

note: the rottenness level of a corpse lessens how much it fills you up - but will not poison or make you sick unless that particular corpse (such as a kobald) would have done that anyways.

Also a large shields defensive bonuses will always be much better than a small shield - even if cursed.
    Last edited by ghostjghost; 09-24-2016 at 12:01 PM.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

Cool! its very useful to know about rottenness of corpses.. I though I'll die from eating something old %)

About shields.. Is it possible to inspect items somehow? To read their description

--

Continue gaining game experience! Its deeeep game indeed!

Short of equipping/unequipping them the only way to read know their blessed/uncursed/cursed status is putting them on an altar or reading a scroll of identify. for an in depth description of the object you need a scroll of great identify.

luckily scrolls of identify are one of the more common scroll types.

There are only 3-4 types of bad scrolls in the whole game so it is pretty safe to read the scrolls to identify them.

"you are the only cactus in the garden of my life" Gomez - Adams Family

ghostjghost, cool, thanks

---

Trolls.. They have very different approach to everything....

%)
    Last edited by tangar; 09-25-2016 at 03:37 PM.

ADOM Village Dungeon ♣ Ancient Domains Of Mystery

Caverns of Chaos.. Arena... So much adventures today

%)

Damm... I'm in trouble. I'm RRRReeeeally in trouble. HELP! I need your advice - is it possible to do something in this situation? To dig? To... I don't know what.. PLEASE help!

I wanna live! I'm too young to die :E~~~~

Only looked at the end of the video, so no idea on what your full inventory is.
    Escaping the arena:
    - Teleportation from wand or scroll
    - Creating a teleportation trap with wand of trap creation
    - Digging will not work

Dealing with doppelganger king:
    - Offensive wands can work
    - Potion of exchange can switch it out for an easier monster, but it has a good chance to avoid the potion
    - Doppelganger kings mirror your DV/PV, and their attacks ignore PV. You may be able to improve your melee chances by adjusting armor and tactics, but due to it being a buffed up arena monster melee is a last resort

EDITED to add:
    - If you happen to have a displacer beast corpse, that can be eaten for a teleport
    - Disabling potions can also work (doppelganger kings don't seem to deflect potions)
    - Some traps (fireball, acid, corruption) may be strong enough to kill it if triggered repeatedly
    - No idea if wand of destruction can destroy the arena walls, but you can try this in the unlikely event that you have one
    Last edited by Grond; 09-28-2016 at 11:06 PM.