Thread: [l]ooking [t]argeting and changing tactics take in-game turns now?

Default [l]ooking [t]argeting and changing tactics take in-game turns now?

Not positive if I should be posting this here or in issue management, but i've noticed with the latest update that when using the [l]ook and [t]arget commands, monsters often move around after my look. I often use the [t]arget as a quicker form of [l]ook, and if I target something to see what it is (is that a grey ooze or a stone slime?), the monsters will move around afterward, even if I cancel it without firing a missile. The same thing will happen when I change my tactics settings with F1-7.

Is this behavior intentional, and is it reasonable?

The [l]ook command is entirely an out of character interface action, it is just a way to give information to the player that the character already has, the character isn't actually taking extra time to look at the creatures around them. Same goes for the [t]arget command, which as I mentioned is often just a quicker and more convenient way to [l]ook at the closest monster.
    It seems even more absurd to take in-game time when changing tactics with F1-7. My characters changes in tactics are reflected when they take their next action, and not before. I recognize that the consumed turns are extremely low, and the impact of this is minor, but I can say that my characters are tired of spending time running away from grey oozes and ochre jellies before looking to see if they may be deadly stone slimes or death oozes. I am somewhat colorblind and really wish that judicious use of the [l]ook command wasnt being penalized in game.

So I ask again, is this behavior intentional, and is it reasonable?

I noticed this too! I'd change some setting like tactics or something else that normally took no game turns, previously. But now occasionally a monster would get a shot in at me during this.

If this is true, make a bug report about it!
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    If this is true, make a bug report about it!
    Did. Had mistakenly written it as wilderness-specific, fixed now.
    Last edited by auricbond; 09-28-2016 at 02:46 PM.