Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killing glod

Default Killing glod

It took a long time until I had a source of stunning and I've since gone and crowned.
    I know killing grod can have quite a severe alignment hit.
    Do you think I'll go below L if I kill him while wearing amulet of balance? (L+ lvl 22)

Edit: I don't have any familiar summoning.
    Last edited by blunk; 10-04-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Killing Glod shouldn't drop you past L. Attacking and murdering a child doesn't drop you past L.

Don't wear the amulet of balance while lawful and performing chaotic acts. Amulet of balance draws you toward nuetral faster, which i believe isn't your goal? Also, if you can outrun him, why bother killing him? Just let him follow you to animated forest and let the neutrals there take him out. Or just take him to next level and walk or tp away.

Edit: this all is assuming you aggroed him already.
    Last edited by Blank4u47; 10-05-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Don't wear the amulet of balance while lawful and performing chaotic acts. Amulet of balance draws you toward nuetral faster, which i believe isn't your goal? Also, if you can outrun him, why bother killing him? Just let him follow you to animated forest and let the neutrals there take him out. Or just take him to next level and walk or tp away.

Edit: this all is assuming you aggroed him already.
    Amulet of balance doesnt work that way.
    I now have a scroll but will go for the kill in the name of science and knowledge.
    Update later this evening.

I enjoy the new greater vault layouts, fewer wyrms also mean exp isnt as silly.
    R71 also got out so need to poke my head into toef to check if graphics are solved.

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    Amulet of balance doesnt work that way.
    I now have a scroll but will go for the kill in the name of science and knowledge.
    Update later this evening.

I enjoy the new greater vault layouts, fewer wyrms also mean exp isnt as silly.
    R71 also got out so need to poke my head into toef to check if graphics are solved.
    Lol, yes it does. Easily tested with scrolls of balance. If commuting a chaotic act while lawful it will decrease your alignment faster. If you are chaotic committing a lawful act, it will draw you towards nuetral faster. If you are nuetral, it reduces the effect of both chaotic and lawful acts. Test it like I did.

Edit: looked at my old notes, looks like I was half right, it decreases alignment change away from nuetral, but doesn't affect alignment towards nuetral at all. So it's still useless unless you are nuetral already.
    Last edited by Blank4u47; 10-05-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Lol, yes it does. Easily tested with scrolls of balance. If commuting a chaotic act while lawful it will decrease your alignment faster. If you are chaotic committing a lawful act, it will draw you towards nuetral faster. If you are nuetral, it reduces the effect of both chaotic and lawful acts. Test it like I did.

Edit: looked at my old notes, looks like I was half right, it decreases alignment change away from nuetral, but doesn't affect alignment towards nuetral at all. So it's still useless unless you are nuetral already.
    I've interpreted it to lower the effect of alignment actions whether lawful or chaotic when worn.
    Edit: and I've percieved that it actually does that.

Previously at around L(or LN) I've dipped as low as CN.
    This time lvl 28 (yes somewhat high) with amulet of balance I didn't move away from L+ .
    So while lvls also affect how difficult align change are, wearing amulet of balance definitely helps when killing Glod.

wearing amulet of balance definitely helps when killing Glod.
    I wouldn't be so sure. I tested attacking/killing a child in Terinyo with B/U/C amulet of balance and the alignment drop was no different from not wearing the amulet (2000 > 848).

Previously at around L(or LN) I've dipped as low as CN.
    This time lvl 28 (yes somewhat high) with amulet of balance I didn't move away from L+ .
    So while lvls also affect how difficult align change are, wearing amulet of balance definitely helps when killing Glod.
    There is no control for comparison in your test. I've killed the water dragon while l+ and didn't move to L. And that's waaaay more chaotic than killing glod. Use scrolls of balance, that's what they're for.

I'm quite sure that amulet of balance does indeed work (by reducing alignment hits) only if you are neutral.

The effect about increasing alignment hits when you are non-neutral is news to me. Interesting stuff!
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.