Thread: Poison hands - ChAoS PlAnE!

Default Poison hands - ChAoS PlAnE!

Oh boy, first time ever attempting Ultra ending, tough start for Burib, my gray elven wizard, but I somehow manage to have enough corruption removal for a 223 day journey. I get to the gate preparing to go through for the first time ever. Clear my corruptions, and got some more removal to spare (used a lot of writing kits for SoCR).

I get down, amazing experience for the first time to go through the gate, read a magic mapping see the level heart pumping. I get a corruption quickly but I was expecting that to happen. Nothing bad, astral plane, then I find Andor Drakon and start my fight.

Does huge amounts of damage in melee, I try and get distance and use all my 30ish slaying ammunition I have on my Sun's messenger, hardly any damage(Need more for future, maybe even try an archer next). I venture again to melee, damage is huge but I get a few hits in before having to chug an extra or ultra healing potion, which I have plenty.

Corruptions start piling up, I realize I get poison hands and I think to myself, good thing I brought Thick Gauntlets (I even brough 3 pairs because I didnt know of any item destruction in the chaos plane). I continue fighting, I chug a potion. Nothing happens, I think to myself he just crit me on the same turn(always check recent messages ":m" -mental note), then I have another, can't seem to find any of the extra healing potions, I try the ultra ones...

Then and only then do I realize what I just done, I created a stack of 27 potions of poison. I did have Thick Gauntlets, but they were safely in my backbag. Oh did I feel like I lost everything then and there, as it turns out you can pray for your god down there (which I woulda thought you couldn't). But that was not enough for me to survive unfortunately.

First Ultra ending try, dying at the last steps due to my own stupidity in the very last minute. Well, so goes ADOM, and so starts my quest anew !

Quote Originally Posted by wopp3 View Post
    Oh did I feel like I lost everything then and there, as it turns out you can pray for your god down there (which I woulda thought you couldn't). But that was not enough for me to survive unfortunately.
    Interesting, the established wisdom is that praying on the plane summons balors but perhaps it is conditional...

Quote Originally Posted by auricbond View Post
    Interesting, the established wisdom is that praying on the plane summons balors but perhaps it is conditional...
    I was alive only for some 20-40 turns after praying, but I couldnt see any balors in my immediate vicinity atleast, other chaos minions though were plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by auricbond View Post
    Depends on your alignment: only chaotics get greater balors summoned when they pray.