Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixing Class Powers

Yavp's are not representative of the general Adom audience.

Getting to lvl 50 isn't hard even without scumming. Rule 1, kill 'EM all. Rule 2, visit most/all locations. That's it. Unless you play mist elf or troll, or skip most places you should get to lvl 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Yavp's are not representative of the general Adom audience.

Getting to lvl 50 isn't hard even without scumming. Rule 1, kill 'EM all. Rule 2, visit most/all locations. That's it. Unless you play mist elf or troll, or skip most places you should get to lvl 50.
    This hasn't been the case since 1.1.1. Especially if both of your greater vaults are undead, then you pretty much need an emperor moloch wish to get above 45. If you're lucky enough to have a greater vault with 12 great red wyrms that you can clear out, then level 50 is a bit more viable.

I don't think I've hit level 50 since pre23. Granted, I haven't done a lot of ultras, but it definitely doesn't happen in regular playthroughs without some lucky XP farms.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    This hasn't been the case since 1.1.1. Especially if both of your greater vaults are undead, then you pretty much need an emperor moloch wish to get above 45. If you're lucky enough to have a greater vault with 12 great red wyrms that you can clear out, then level 50 is a bit more viable.

I don't think I've hit level 50 since pre23. Granted, I haven't done a lot of ultras, but it definitely doesn't happen in regular playthroughs without some lucky XP farms.
    Interesting... 3/4 of my characters get to lvl 50 before d50, and I even cut out mino maze, library, and big temple from my runs. I do however do r4-r6 prettty much always. The only characters o need moloch wishes for are some of my ME characters not all. And I don't bother with ultras normally either.

Interesting... 3/4 of my characters get to lvl 50 before d50, and I even cut out mino maze, library, and big temple from my runs. I do however do r4-r6 prettty much always. The only characters o need moloch wishes for are some of my ME characters not all. And I don't bother with ultras normally either.
    you must be playing an older version, when TB changed the xp returns on high level monsters it became very difficult to hit level 50 unless you play gnomes alot. For example the cat lord used to be good for 2-3 levels in almost every version and now he is worth half an xp level if you are lucky.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

I am playing on steam.

Interesting... 3/4 of my characters get to lvl 50 before d50
    I so wonder there is that screenshot with pickpocketed bloody dagger.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    I can and I will generalize this - you just have to look through YAVPs to find that more than 90% of characters don't even reach lvl50, and if they do reach it, their total XP is still barely above what is required for it. The game rules should be so that the majority of players can enjoy them, and not toss them away as "situational bonuses that give nothing". Of course you can play ADOM in the sandbox fashion, without caring about the stated end goals - but such game play style should not be the driving factor of the game design.
    Out of ~20 chars I played this year, around 10 reached level 50 well before D50 and 5-6 more reached it in BDC.
    Guess how many YAVPs I posted? Zero. That's why it's not representative.
    Anyway, it seems that I will have to start posting my YAVPs, even if the majority of them are less than impressive, just to change this unreliable statistical data that so many people like to quote.

Quote Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
    I don't see how it is possible without some extremely scummy techniques like farming Eternal Guardian and si-trained shopkeepers or very deep ID-diving - there's just not enough XP sources available in the upper game levels unless you're playing something like cup-born gnome healer...
    I'm only playing elves. I don't touch eternal guardians or shopkeepers since I almost exclusively play L+ chars.
    The only "scumming" I can think of is wishing for emeperor moloch in barb glade and slowing myself before killing them.
    Though arguably as a weaponsmith this is done more to procure hulking armors for eternium, not exp.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 11-30-2016 at 08:55 AM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    I so wonder there is that screenshot with pickpocketed bloody dagger.
    Look at my screenshots on my steam profile genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Out of ~20 chars I played this year, around 10 reached level 50 well before D50 and 5-6 more reached it in BDC.
    Guess how many YAVPs I posted? Zero. That's why it's not representative.
    Anyway, it seems that I will have to start posting my YAVPs, even if the majority of them are less than impressive, just to change this unreliable statistical data that so many people like to quote.
    We should then ask Jouni to post his YAVPs to counteract yours!

https://ancardia.uk.to/adom_hiscore/hiscore_vr59.txt

Honestly, I do not know the actual statistics, but I'm much more inclined to believe that the majority of the runs do not reach level 50.

We will just have to wait for TB to implement global high scores.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Look at my screenshots on my steam profile genius.
    there is nine of them - 8 text/inventory, ninth with "UNKNOWN COMMAND " in message buffer. None of them show pick pocket in process and given your previous statements... well, there is no screenshot which would be worth discussing. (as min shotting message buffer (:m) would classify)
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)