Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best start in 10 years

Personally, I wish for skills, because loot is just too easy to get. Sometime if I do get an early game wish I get a shield so I can start leveling up shield right away.

There is nothing wrong with going dual daggers, just remember to level up your range skills as well. And it might be handy to have some levels in spear and shield for a quick defensive swap.

I like to play melee with most my skill in the main type of weapon I plan to use, some skill in all range weapons, some skill in shield and spears for defensively attacking, and some skill in unarmed. I try to get it all set early in the game when the mobs are weak.
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 12-09-2016 at 01:29 PM.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

I wished for Red dragon scale mails. Got two. And Rings of Regeneration and got 3. Funny part is that I went past animated forest and saved Khelevaster and found 2 more rings of regeneration. So I got now 5 rings of regeneration.. I kind a felt I wasted that wish there.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Regeneration items are an awesome, often overlooked choice. It's really hard to get regeneration in the early game, and it's a super powerful intrinsic. Might be a good way to offset the lowish DV you'll have without a shield.
    Depends on the luck with pots of Exchange. couple potions and stacking rings might give good results with new dipping rules in D12.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

I found total 5 wishes. But my dualwield win attempt ended to unlucky crit from one of the big red dragons in FGJC greater vault. No good artifact drops either, nothing really useful to boost my survivability. Was fun with several wishes, but whole run lacked those nice useful artifact drops.

That's why it's good to go for 2 precrowns if possible, and crown right after getting Ancient Mummy Wrapping. 3 chances to get a endgame artifact to carry you through

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    That's why it's good to go for 2 precrowns if possible, and crown right after getting Ancient Mummy Wrapping. 3 chances to get a endgame artifact to carry you through
    Wow thats a lot of grind, I assume you live sac, or do you pour in gold at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    Ouch! That's waaay too much work! Imo not worth it for just an extra 1 or 2 artifacts. I'd rather just clear darkforge and do FGJC 5. There's bound to be an ok weapon at least in darkforge which can last you through FGJC5.

I go straight to crowning if I don't find nice altar before dwarf town, but if I find early altar in UD, PC and Village dungeon I often do precrowning. Haven't bothered to do two precrowning in years. Even with stoma herbs it's too much of a grind these days. I'm not sure if they altered piety rules or something, but getting 2 precrown seems a lot harder now than it was before.

Yep he altered piety rules, you lose piety much faster the more precrowns you do. Also a great weapon to use mid game if you are truly unlucky is big punch, it's got good enough dmg to get you into darkforge pretty easily if you carry some healing sources with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Yep he altered piety rules, you lose piety much faster the more precrowns you do.
    Is there a ticket documenting this? I couldn't find anything about this in the changelog.