Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The sick character discard bin

It seems to me that in earlier versions of the game you could get some truly horrible hurtling merchants, with really low str and to, but I have not seen one in awhile. I am guessing that was fixed. You can still get low str, but generally decent to.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

It also seems to me that spells casters are more crippled by low mana than low le.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    It also seems to me that spells casters are more crippled by low mana than low le.
    Generally that is true, but if the Le attribute is below 10 or so, you won't get much spell knowledge from reading, so you'd be a spell caster without spells

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Generally that is true, but if the Le attribute is below 10 or so, you won't get much spell knowledge from reading, so you'd be a spell caster without spells
    Unless you use book casting, with the talents.

To be honest, I have a hard time considering any pure caster as crippled, since magic is way stronger than melee.

To be honest, I have a hard time considering any pure caster as crippled, since magic is way stronger than melee.
    It's true, but book casting talents don't come into play until mid game because of all the prerequisites. Even then you need to have very high stats for those talents. Also book casting will always have a 3000 energy cost making it not viable for combat magic.
    Try playing that troll with 2 Le and you'll see my point, or prove me wrong we can compare.

It seems to me that in earlier versions of the game you could get some truly horrible hurtling merchants, with really low str and to, but I have not seen one in awhile. I am guessing that was fixed. You can still get low str, but generally decent to.
    Ratlings also used to be worse, I rolled a couple and they are far from as bad as they used to be.
    I have a vague memory of a patch notice mentioning this.

r49 had some issues with starting stats being way too low, IIRC. Ran into that when I was testing CoC vault frequency.

EDIT: r48, actually: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=3126
    Last edited by Grond; 12-21-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    It's true, but book casting talents don't come into play until mid game because of all the prerequisites. Even then you need to have very high stats for those talents. Also book casting will always have a 3000 energy cost making it not viable for combat magic.
    Try playing that troll with 2 Le and you'll see my point, or prove me wrong we can compare.
    I am not gonna play a whole game just to prove some silly point on the forums. My ego does not need such validation, feel free to see it however you want.
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 12-22-2016 at 12:54 AM.

I am not gonna play a whole game just to prove some silly point on the forums. My ego does not need such validation, feel free to see it however you want.
    Yeek, I had meant my comment to sound like a friendly challenge, not like some high stakes competition. I feel you have no need to validate anything to me ego or no ego. I'll probably die in like 1000 turn by pickpocket rage anyways