Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ASCII VS Graphical

I play ASCII and I will never play graphics. Simply, with graphics, it is no longer ADOM. And beside that - I consider pictures of creatures in graphical version not nice.

Since I'm newer to roguelikes, I definitely have to have my graphics. ASCII just does not work for me at all.

I do enjoy ADOM's graphics a lot, and I like the work that ol Raven has put into them. Can't wait to see them animations

Nowadays I stick with the tiles. I've been playing on and off since stoneage and the adding of graphics(+ new content) sort of gave the game a new life for me. I like the simplistic style and can't wait for the team to improve it over time. First graphical versions were kind of clunky but now it mostly plays smoothly for me.

The graphical gives too much information to pass up (hostility and herbs). I also like most of the icons, though I have fatally confused a spectre/ghost which wouldn't have happened with ASCII. I may just need to enlarge the minimal, or reverse the tiles/ASCII like others have mentioned up thread.