Thread: Laugh at my pain

Default Laugh at my pain

You may all find this funny so I've decided to register an account to post my stupidity. I've made about 40 characters thus far and they've all died in CoC. Regardless of level, items, carefulness or anything else relevant, I would almost always die in two shots. Multiple guides indicated that they basically make a straight line to CoC, so I'm like how is it possible I'm dying in two hits at level 12-15? Well back to almost all characters have died in CoC part. What I thought was COC was actually one of the new dungeons, spawning almost impossible monsters for early-late character. I'm like how the hell are these people doing this at level 6-10? I spent hours getting a low level there and it was still just as insane hard. I decided to give it one more shot and see if there was another dungeon that was CoC further west. Well there was so I'm back to enjoying the game. No, the name of the dungeon didn't give it away. I've only been playing for a week and the map I used was ASCII which appeared to have CoC in that same spot as what I now call the DoD, dungeon of death. Cheers, back to the grind.

I'm not sure you're in CoC, there's a name of the dungeon you're in in the bar where character name is.
    Some examples of Dungeon names: D, SMC, WE, UD
    (where D=Coc, SMC=small cave and UD=unremarkable dungeon)

You can die from a single hit at lvl 40, probably not if you know what you're doing but it can happen.
    Most likely you aquired doomed/cursed status which make monsters crit you more often.

Hard to tell where you ended up. Guessing crumbling/ancient cave, but those are randomly placed. Maybe Darkforge? Did you encounter steel golems? Or were you levelling in the Small Cave just west of town?

The guides you are reading are talking crazy anyway. Stick to the newbie areas around the town to start with. Visit CoC a bit later. Going to CoC at level 1 is doable, but it's tricky for a lot of classes, and definitely not advice I'd ever give to a new player. Just baffling.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 01-06-2017 at 12:39 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

cocnotcoc.jpg
    Here it is, not doomed and it wasn't CoC.

Do some of the early game quest first there is no need tohead straight into coc.
    You get them in terinyo.

The "notcoc" in your screen shot is a random dungeon.

If you go straight to CoC you probably end up dying because that place can be too hard for you if you are low level. And you are not supposed to go deep in CoC straight anyways. Try doing some starting village quests first like Carpenter one and/or puppy cave. Maybe even one of the easier random dungeons (moldy or putrid cave) before going to CoC.