Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ADOM new year's resolutions

1) Stop abusing bugs
    2) Stop arguing in threads, until my post is the last post, because nobody wants to continue the fruitless debacle
    3) Buy the steam version at last
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

As soon as new artifacts are introduced, do lots of precrowns to find them, but stay away from wiki etc. and only discover their powers ingame.
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    As soon as new artifacts are introduced (...)
    With the way things are right now, we'll have flying cars and colonies on Mars before this is done.
    I might get too old and no longer have control over my arthritis-ridden fingers to play it.
    Fuck it, I might have no control over my bladder at that point.
    Can you introduce adult diapers to ADoM? That would be true roleplaying in ~50 years, just in time to start browsing through RFEs with prio 7 and lower.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

For 1 and 5, I have now Dwayne the mist elven mindcrafter. Can't packrat too much, with the base strength so low.
    Now at 23rd level, and looking good except that dwarftown hates me. Dumb kid got in the way of my clean shot at the daemon.

Any hints at a normal win for a mindcrafter?

Ooh, did you get the super staff (staff of creation?) I got it once with a ME mindcrafter and it was pretty awesome blowing minds up GTB and mind shield got pretty awesome too.

Anyhoo, only recommendation is to practice book casting fairly often so you can improve your mana to insane levels, although at lvl 23 I'd suspect you are about to tackle fire tower, so training time is limited.

I am going to practice the bookcasting soon, I think. I was afraid of casting too much.
    And yes, got the staff. I am constantly afraid of the corruption from using mindcraft on chaos folks though.

So Learning of 31, Concentration 100, level 24 mist elf mindcrafter, and two books burst into flames, back to back?
    (Light & Frost Bolt)
    uncursed.

Lol, ok mindcrafters have a 0% chance of learning spells, so you need to get your knowledge from wands of wonder in order to book cast.

Also, with a mindcrafters' melee ability you can get by without having to melt chaos creatures all the time, a few times here and there isn't going to corrupt you too much.

1. Don't forget you have confusion blast, mental shield, and eyes of the mind.
    2. Don't use damaging mindcraft when you don't need to. Get some weapon training instead.

Although, if you can make it to level 23 alright, you probably don't need advice

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Lol, ok mindcrafters have a 0% chance of learning spells, so you need to get your knowledge from wands of wonder in order to book cast.
    With 99 learning you've got a shot at learning light. With 99 learning and every bonus to book learning, you've got a shot at learning frost bolt. As a bonus, you will end up casting some earthquakes and teleports along the way . But yes, impractical for normal games.

Good to know, re 99 learning. 1/3 of the way there.

On the positive side, I managed to Wand of Wonder an Ice Ball, and find a book for it too. Make the Ring of the High King a bit easier to get to.

Plus, managed to clear out the Frost Caverns too, so things are looking fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    1. Don't forget you have confusion blast, mental shield, and eyes of the mind.
    2. Don't use damaging mindcraft when you don't need to. Get some weapon training instead.

Although, if you can make it to level 23 alright, you probably don't need advice

With 99 learning you've got a shot at learning light. With 99 learning and every bonus to book learning, you've got a shot at learning frost bolt. As a bonus, you will end up casting some earthquakes and teleports along the way . But yes, impractical for normal games.