Thread: Speech oriented rouguelike

Default Speech oriented rouguelike

Anyone knows a roguelike game (best in ASCII mode) which is focused not on fighting but on speechcraft? E.g. it allows choosing dialogue options that will influence gameplay?

(Like in Fallout series)

Quote Originally Posted by zymnos View Post
    Anyone knows a roguelike game (best in ASCII mode) which is focused not on fighting but on speechcraft? E.g. it allows choosing dialogue options that will influence gameplay?

(Like in Fallout series)
    if you mean interactions other than poking stuff with pointy weapons, I would say legerdemain (http://roguelikefiction.com/?page_id=6).

if you mean multiple dialog options with rolls attached of them... I am not so sure.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Not a roguelike, no. I suspect that you would enjoy Planescape: Torment (and the upcoming Numenera: Torment) but they're graphical RPGs.

I didn’t want to study too much, but I understood that a diploma is needed so that you can go to a more prestigious job. While I was taking courses on what really interested me, I was giving my homework to a service that helped me do it accounting help. They did an excellent job, I must say. Very satisfied.
    Last edited by jefrywilliam; 02-27-2023 at 12:35 PM.