Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ADOM Friday 13th Scavenger Hunt

I so wonder if there is a guaranteed source of potions of oil?.. I don't think so, and rust removal definitely does not waterproof stuff.

Also do chars need to carry all the listed stuff at the end of 30K (might be a problem between weight and perishables), or it is enough to make screenshot/save once obtaining them?

Also --- any gems means a) stack of 10 gems whatever they happen to be or b) 10 gems in several stacks (3rubies, 2 topazes, etc)?
    p.s.
    I rolled my chars
    -obligatory dragonborn
    -got male human necro of falcon as random (should have called him fisherman...)
    -opted for candle born drake as the last char, for killing power.
    Last edited by Soirana; 01-13-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    rust removal definitely does not waterproof stuff.
    Blessed oil of rust removal definitely does. "You dip the waterproof blanket into the blessed oil of rust removal. You coat the waterproof blanket."

Quote Originally Posted by Grond View Post
    Blessed oil of rust removal definitely does.
    right, non blessed pots do not rustproof either. thanks for pointing out.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

Some of those things will require survival skill and possibly food preservation. Or perseverance, like the dwarven child corpse.
    I'm gonna need some sort of a plan so I will roll the dwarf and the random char first and adjust for what I'm missing with last one.

EDIT: Can I roll the first two chars, play around, get some of the items, then see what's missing and roll the third one?
    Or am I expected to create all chars at the same time?
    I mean, depending on what's missing, some r/c combination could be more or less useful but I will only know that after a while.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 01-13-2017 at 09:46 AM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Some of those things will require survival skill and possibly food preservation. Or perseverance, like the dwarven child corpse.
    even with food preserv at 100 one would need to kill ~15-16 dwarven children on average (and bad luck might mean >30). Given time limit I would guess it's best to cut some of the items from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    even with food preserv at 100 one would need to kill ~15-16 dwarven children on average (and bad luck might mean >30). Given time limit I would guess it's best to cut some of the items from the start.
    I suppose that's inevitable, yeah. Though I don't feel like doing the math behind all the probabilities behind this or that.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    -Each player rolls three characters in their prefered version (r60 or higher) on January 13th*:
    Will it be ok to use r59 as well? If at all possible I'd prefer to play on the Ancardia server in order to squeeze in short turnsets from different computers. Ancardia server didn't get updated past r59 so far.

EDIT:
    Just rolled the following characters on the server because last chance for me to get them on the 13th there. I'll not play them yet, so if r59 is not okay please tell me and I'll roll new ones on my computer setting back the clock.

Riesling, male dragon-born dwarven Paladin
    Nebbiolo, male sword-born mist elven healer (Random character, with 3 talents I went for Heir)
    Rioja, female raven-born dark elven archer (chosen race/class/starsign)
    Last edited by Cactus; 01-13-2017 at 05:43 PM.
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

Sounds fun, I'm in!
    I rolled up Gudrun (dwarf paladin), Badrun (randomized PC, dwarf - dragon - CK), and Beruthiel (human -raven - necro).
    I'm starting with Badrun, who's doing OK so far at L16 of the CoC.
    Thanks for the idea!
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Will it be ok to use r59 as well? If at all possible I'd prefer to play on the Ancardia server in order to squeeze in short turnsets from different computers. Ancardia server didn't get updated past r59 so far.
    Sure, that's okay.

EDIT: Can I roll the first two chars, play around, get some of the items, then see what's missing and roll the third one?
    Sure.

Also do chars need to carry all the listed stuff at the end of 30K (might be a problem between weight and perishables), or it is enough to make screenshot/save once obtaining them?
    You just need a screenshot with the item in your inventory (or the NPC on the map). You can discard it afterward if you like.

Also --- any gems means a) stack of 10 gems whatever they happen to be or b) 10 gems in several stacks (3rubies, 2 topazes, etc)?
    The second one.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Btw how do I request a change?
    I want the logs to show potentials, it's extra interesting when showing off new made characters.

One of the issues with dwarf is the non existant dv makes them hit a lot, even non cursed.
    Early midgame walking through animated forest with a dwarf can be a real pain.

Anyway, here's Cheery the female dwarven paladin.

Nothing exeptional, most stats as expected, maybe str and to on the lower side, lazy background is probably the reason.
    11 pv is good but you can start with 15+ as dwarf paladin.

================================================== ===

Hissssa the drakeling Elementalist born unicorn (random character)

This was a crazy good roll, somewhat dicey since a one pv character is rarely safe in my hands.

================================================== ===

and TinkyWinky the human bard born raven (chosen character).

I chose bard because you can cheese a lot of stuff with them, and just look at that melee skill set, wow!
    I did consider tree or book, but went raven to run away. I also had a vague hope that my pet will be a tad stronger (as per star sign description).
    Now this is a melee character with 0 pv, wish me luck.