Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ADOM Friday 13th Scavenger Hunt

I just couldn't leave my random character unplayed (mist elven healer with Heir talent). Since none of the remaining items seemed quickly accessible, I only did SMC and PC for fun. The heir gift was a life saver as were the starting healing potions and the awesome regeneration capabilities. I don't think any other class would have survived the amount of poisoning this character took before installing the resistance. Down in the Puppy cave he found a neutral altar, got rid of the curse and crowned with =Fire and Brannalbin's Cloak ^^
    https://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/cactus/nebbiolo.vlg

Many thanks to JellySlayer for the idea and design of this challenge. Looking forward to playing more of these (maybe the next ADOMPossible some day? I'ts been three years I think...)
    gremlin - karmic lizard, dark orc, acid vortex, staring eye - dragon turtle, fairy dragon, ogre lord, minotaur emperor - pit viper, orc butcher - greater mimic, dark elven wizard, carrion crawler, dwarven child - imp - ochre jelly, dark elven archer, king cobra, goodwife - kobold shaman, magebane eye, floating eye, quickling king - giant centipede, hill orc sergeant, mimic hivemind, greater claw bug, brown bear, large gnoll - giant bee queen, giant ant warrior, shadow centipede, kobold

Well, my scavenger hunt finally ended... with a death on the chaos plane! Beruthiel the necromancer was very close to becoming a neutral avatar, and got Andor Drakon down to a tiny sliver of red before running out of chaos resistance and dissolving into the plane. But at a certain point, the bastard started teleporting around while dazed (maybe from my acid blood?) and I wasted too much time catching up to hit him with the Trident... and finally, I ran out of time. I could have made it if I'd raided the bug temple for its scrolls.
    I did get to raise myself with the Lore of Niltrias once, which was cool--I've never done that before.
    Highlights: my midgame weapon was an adamantium flail of mayhem, a red dragon vault gave me Robes of Resistance and Purifier, I got Bracers of War as a random drop somewhere below L40, and on D50 I stumbled into a nest of white unicorns which I had to deal with my spending my scrolls of familiar summoning. It was a bit touchy, trying not to deliver the killing blow to very many unicorns while healing my greater earth elementals to stay not too far from true neutral.
    Amusing fact: using a stethoscope on an earth elemental tells you that "it seems like furniture" and gives no other information.
    Thanks for the contest!
    Ben