Thread: Greetings. I am (going to be) the new player. ("Who?") Precisely!

Default Greetings. I am (going to be) the new player. ("Who?") Precisely!

James Jamerson here, today I will earn some money to buy several roguelikes, including this one. ADOM. And since this is a good time to start playing, I shall express some of my thoughts about the game.

I could care less if the source is released. After all, a real magician never reveals his secrets. all I am saying is that releasing the source to something dear to the genius behind the game is a bad idea. He holds the game dear to his heart and it's his call if he releases it or not. I don't care about it either way and I respect his decision not to release the source code. In fact, i will be just as content even if he takes the source to the grave. But I digress.

The game is going to be great and I shall enjoy it.

Anyways, I shall abide by the rules and to be fair and to also treat everybody as if they were me.

One more question for the road: Is there a small trial version of the game to tide me over until I buy the game on steam?

Welcome! And there is a (slightly) outdated FULL version available to tide you over until you can buy it and it's located on the download section of this site. I very highly recommend that if you are unfamiliar with roguelikes you print out the sheet of commands to reference as you play, and read most of the manual. This may take a few hours before you start, but it'll make your life much better!

Side note: We've been incredibly slow to update the free version. It's very high on content nevertheless, but the graphical part can run sluggishly. Performance is much, much improved in the Steam version.
    This ofcourse doesn't matter if you're playing in ASCII